𝟐𝟔

𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐜𝐞

𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀

By the time we get back home it's past six.

I open the backseat door to an upset sleepyhead passed out in her carseat.

She is upset that I didn't let her out of the car to talk to her new friend.

And tell me again why does the little backstabber goes around befriending with those I don't want her around.

I shake my head bringing out the oyster necklace and clasp it around her little neck.

So pretty.

It's too sad I can't tell her it's her first ever gift from her real daddy.

Only because that man wouldn't deserve to be one.

Nor that Marlon deserves to be either but my hands are tied in that case.

Remember when I said she wouldn't need a dad if circumstances were different?

I kiss her head bringing her out, her head falls against my shoulder murmuring something in her sleep.

"I will take the bags." Sydney informs moving to the driver's side to get the car garaged.

You have to drive all the way around the house to get there.

"Don't get possessed." I wink and she glares rolling up the window showing me her middle finger.

Just when I am about to turn around I hear my neighbour greeting.

"Good evening Mrs. Savero."

Arwan.

Another fake one.

Another illusion.

Not the neighbour I was looking forward to hear from.

"Leah, it's Leah." I remind giving him my fake smile. "And good evening."

He gives me a sheepish grin.

I fight the urge to cringe.

"I went to Scarlet today, she didn't open? Everything's okay?"

"Yeah everything's kind of okay...." He trails off with a shrug before crossing the lane. "If you don't mind, can I ask you something?" His voice drops looking around us.

"Sure." I nod.

"Do you know anyone named Seth? Seth Ordan?"

"As far as my knowledge goes I don't know any Seth Ordan-" My eyes watches the same black Ford that almost hit me drives slomo behind him.

"Oh..." Disappointment reflects in his voice.

The tinted window rolls down and the person of honor he is asking is right there behind him throwing me a salute.

I nod subtly before he drives off just in time as he turns around only to see the car driving off.

He once again meets my face.

"Well it was worth a shot. I am sorry to bother you-"

"Do you want me to look for a Seth Ordan?" I offer though I know he is dead.

Such a funny twisted world.

Half of the time it's ran by dead people.

The dead but alive ones.

You know dead from inside living from outside?

He hesitates briefly glancing back at his house.

"Actually the thing is, I know Seth Ordan is dead but, it doesn't make sense, last Friday he came down to Scarlet and...."