Chapter 1

Regulus' life had been miserable ever since his brother left to the Potters two weeks ago. His parents had been a lot more abusive and their got even stricter than usual. He had been tortured  daily with complicated tasks and even the smallest mistakes lead to a beating. He had never been happier to go back to Hogwarts. He was really excited to see his brother after so long, maybe they could finally mend their relationship. Unfortunately, going back would mean he had to face the bullies again which he was not ready for.

As Regulus stepped onto the train he felt a sense of relief, he wasn't going to see his parents for a long time. He walked into an empty compartment and pulled out a book. He was usually alone so he found the peace comforting. Sadly, the peace was soon broken when someone slammed open the compartment door.

"Hey, can we sit here? Everywhere else is full." Regulus' eyes snapped up at the voice. He would recognize that voice anywhere. "Sirius," he gasped looking up.

"Never mind," Sirius muttered turning around before running off. His friends soon followed him leaving Regulus in his thoughts. He sighed making a mental note to talk to his brother later. Returning his attention to the book, he began reading again. Soon the train arrived at Hogwarts, stepping into one of the empty carriages he thought to himself, he is safe. He was finally back at Hogwarts, even if he didn't have any friends and was constantly bullied nothing could destroy his happiness.

He was soon snapped from his thoughts as the carriage pulled to a stop. He hopped out gently petting the thestrals before following the crowd to Hogwarts. He sat towards the end of the table as usual as he watched the sorting.

Hi everyone, Happy April Fool's Day/ Fred and George's birthday. Also credit to the people that created the images I am and will be using in the fan fiction. I will update twice a week on Fridays and Wednesdays. Hope you all enjoy:)

Trivia Question for the chapter: What is the name of Harry's owl?