Chapter 1

My name is Ella McIntyre and I work for Sun Times, a local newspaper, as their local IT cyber security analyst. I love my job, however, my schedule is never the same, because I am always on rotation with the other IT person on staff. With this being said, I never know when I will be getting off work. My life was just fine, that is, until these two gods showed up from nowhere and now, I feel like my world has been turned into a rolling roller coaster of emotions.

I got off work at 2am, which seems like the usual time, most days. After being cramped into an office for seven hours in a day, behind a computer, you can imagine what my life is like.

"Night Ella," said Michael, the other IT cyber security analyst.

"Hey would you like to go for coffee on Sunday," he asked, since we have off Sundays. She beamed happily.

"Of course, I would love that," she replied enthusiastically.

They made the time and date for their usual hang out spot. A local coffee shop, called Dani's Coffee House. Then she gathered her belongings; a black Swiss gear backpack, her hat, and scarf. She left her purse in her backpack, so that it didn't get stolen. She proceeded with putting on her multi-colored beanie and scarf as she walked to the lower floor of the newspaper building. Once outside, Ella took a breath of fresh air and stretched her arms.

"What a beautiful early morning," she added as she started walking due south to her apartment. Nothing usually happens this early in the morning where she lived. Normally, she hears a lot of commotion, screaming, and whatever god knows what closer to downtown NYC. She just ignores it and continues walking the few blocks to her shared apartment with her friend, Celeste. Then out of the corner of her eye, Ella sees something but she does not know what it was. 

"Why hello darlin'," someone says to her. She looks at the blonde-haired muscle-bound hunk and she thought she was going to melt with excitement. 

"This time of the morning is not safe for someone as beautiful as you," he added. Ella blushed three shades of red.

 "Please do not be afraid but I am going to fly you to your apartment. So please tell me where you live and I can take you," said the God. She pointed 4 blocks to their left.

 "And the house or apartment number," he asked. 

"Um, 409," she said in a soft voice. Then he took her a few blocks over and sets her down gently on the ground. 

"Is this it, miss," he incurred. 

"Ella," she replied meekly.

 "Nice to meet you gorgeous Ella," he smiled, kissing her hand, then immediately left.