Chapter 32

Before going to Brookfield Place, in New York, Stephen approached Clint, handing him a credit card.

"What is this for," asked Clint to Stephen.

"Will you help me and make sure that she gets a haircut and a few outfits," he asked Clint.

"I would be delighted to do that for that young lady," Clint smiled, taking the card then went and met Peter, Wanda, and Ella.

An hour later the four friends were at the Brookfield Place. It had been a long time since Ella has done this and she was enjoying herself.

Looking around, Ella gawked at the huge mall. "Wow," she stated.

"Come on Ella, you're going to love this place," Wanda giggled, taking Ella's hand in the crook of her arm.

Then next thing they knew, Ella is being sat down in a barber chair at Jack's Hair Salon.

"What are we doing here," said a beautiful young woman, standing behind Ella, messing with her hair.

"Just a trim," Wanda stated, matter of fact.

The woman nodded, taking Ella by the arm to the sink, to wash her hair. It did not take long for the young lady to wash and trim her hair. When she was done, Wanda, Peter, and Clint smiled happily.

"How do you feel," asked Peter.

"Refreshed," Ella stated, smiling happily. "Thank you for bringing me," she stated.

"We are not done yet," said Wanda, grinning from ear to ear. Ella was a little worried when Wanda took Ella's hand, putting it in the crook of her arm.

Next, the friends took Ella to Madewell. "Don't tell me," said Ella, grimacing, not wanting it to be about her. Wanda ushered her inside the store.

It did not take long before Wanda had Ella in a fitting room, trying on tops, skirts, and dresses. They ended up buying; denim dolphin-hem mini skirt in a Harwell wash, a superhigh waist midi skirt in blue black wash, jean jacket in Medford wash, and the curvy perfect vintage flare jeans in tarlow wash.

After checking out, they met up with Peter and Clint, as they were laughing. "What are you two laughing about," asked Wanda to the two friends.

"Nothing," they said at the same time, handing the girls strawberry banana smoothies. Ella made a face and it was all worth it and Clint smiled.

"I wish she was my mate," he told himself. "She is such a beautiful soul," he added, shaking his head.

Then the friends walked on, until they got to J. Crew. "Come on girl," said Wanda, dragging Ella inside. Clint and Peter followed them inside, going to the men's section and to the clearance rack.

Wanda helped pick out some sweaters and tops, then ushers Ella into a fitting room. Then she started handing her some clothes.

They ended up deciding on several different tops that looked amazing on her; puff sleeve square-neck top in Ratti pink blooms, button tank top in cotton blend white, broken in jersey puff sleeve scoop neck top (in black), vintage rib puff sleeve top in blue, vintage rib puff-sleeve Henley top in tan, cashmere cropped v-neck cardigan sweater in stripe, and the cotton lightweight bomber jacket.

While on their way out, Wanda noticed the shoe section and grinned. "Hey Ella, what is your shoe size," she asked.

"I am a size seven and a half," she responded. Then being pulled in the shoe section, Ella groaned in frustration.

"What did I sign up for," she added, giggling.

"You have no idea," Wanda grinned at her friend.

Then they picked up a pair of Lucie strappy block heel sandals in black and the slingback espadrille sandals and they got in line to pay.

After paying, they found the guys with some sacks of their own. "Find something you like," asked Ella to both Peter and Clint. They nodded and laughed at the girls.

"Not as much as you though," they stated. Ella turned red in embarrassment.

"That is okay because, I just got some news Ella," said Clint. "Guess who was just spotted not too far from here," he added, grinning, putting his phone away.