Chapter 18

Then they climbed into the car and they took off. "To Hunan Gardens please Tony," said Thor to the driver, then wrapped his arm around Ella's shoulders. When she wasn't paying attention, Thor picked her up and put her in his lap.

"Eep," she shrieked, half of it being a giggle. Both men laughed at this.

"Then on the way back to your apartment, you will sit on Arthur's lap," he stated as he kissed the top of Ella's head. She nodded and snuggled into his lap, content. 

It felt like it did not take long before they arrived at her favorite Chinese restaurant. Then climbing out, Thor said something to "Tony" before the car drove away. Arthur opened the door to Ella as she spotted her friends in the corner of the restaurant.

She waved over to Celeste and Michael as she got closer and the men sat on either side of her and she sat in the middle. "You're not going to believe who works here," said Celeste to her friend.

Ella looked at Celeste, not knowing what was going to come of her friend's mouth. "Barbie," is all Celeste said and Ella went white. 

"Who is Barbie," asked Thor, as he looked at Ella questionably. It was at this time that Daphne Barbs, their waitress, and old high school classmate, came over to the table.

"You, you're Bucky Barnes, the winter soldier a...and Captain America, Steve Rogers, how can I help you both," said Daphne, tongue tied. She was so pre-occupied with trying to make a good impression on the men that she did not see Ella, who sat in the middle of the men.

"Water," said both of the men. She nodded and before leaving, Arthur cleared his throat.

"Yes, is there anything else," asked Daphne asked the legends.

"You forgot our girlfriend miss Daphne," said Thor, pointing at Ella.

"And for you," then Daphne took a hard look and noticed her classmate.

"It is good to see you again," Ella smiled. "May I please have a sweet tea," she added.

Daphne shook her head yes and went to get the three drinks. She came back a little bit later, with the two waters and a sweet tea with lemon. They all decided on 2 entrees and to share all of them.

"We would like some steamed dumplings, the cashew chicken, Mongolian beef and a side of fried rice," said Michael, ordering for the group. Then they handed Daphne the menus. She repeated the order back.

Daphne Barbs smiled at Ella. "You know Ella, I want to say I am sorry for how I treated you in high school. I was cruel and a bully to you. The reason I was because I was envious of you," she told her, then walked away. The girls looked at each other with disbelief.

"Who knew that barbie would stop acting like a self-absorbed barbie doll," Celeste asked her best friend. 

"Yes, who knew," said Ella, drinking her sweet tea. 

They all sat in silence for a short period of time until Arthur looks at Michael. "Do you think you can take us three back to their apartment," asked Arthur. Michael sighed then put his hands up in defeat.

"I don't mind," Michael responded to the request. Celeste looked at Michael with a certain look.

"What's with those type of," Ella trailed off, picking up on the subtle hints. "When were you two going to tell me," She mumbled, pouting. 

Michael was sweating profusely all of a sudden then sighing, he looked at Ella in the eyes. "It was the first time I took you home from work. We just clicked and fell in love," he stated, smiling at Celeste.

"I am sorry that we are just now telling you Ella. We just did not know how to tell you," Celeste added. Ella beamed happily for her friends.

"About time you told me. I knew for a while something was going on but I did not know what it was. But I am happy for you both," Ella stated. 

It was at that time that the food came to the table. Daphne smiled, looking at everyone. "Anything I can get for any of you," she asked.

"Not at the moment, thank you doll," said Thor to Daphne. She left, smiling, letting them eat.