Chapter 28

They walked through the portal, showing back up to the headquarters, with a sleeping Ella in Michael's arms. Stephen had tears in his eyes, pain from having to see her go through all that she did. Then he smiled, knowing that she would be fine.

"Where did you two go and why do you have Ella Ingrid McIntyre here," asked a male council member. Stephen explained the situation.

"Very well, she can stay here for now," he stated, walking back into the meeting room.

As Ella slept in Michael's arms, they followed the council member and listened in. She was not asleep long before she started waking up. Ella groaned and opened her eyes, seeing Michael as he held her protectively.

"You can go back to sleep, if you want," Michael said softly. She shook her head no and he put her down, holding her against him.

After five minutes and she was fully awake, Stephen Strange comes walking over with a hot cup of hot chocolate for her. "Here you are my dear," he stated, giving it her.

"Thank you, Dr. Stephen Strange," she smiled up at him. He ruffled her hair and she gave him a look. He chuckled.

After the meeting was over, Michael and Stephen took Ella to a room at the headquarters. "Where are we going," she asked the two men.

"You are staying here," Michael stated, matter of fact.

"But," she retorted.

"My dear, we do not want a repeat of what happened, so you are staying here until Thor comes for you," Stephen told her.

"Very well," she responded, letting Michael keep her hand in his.

Then they made it to the room that would be hers. "Here you go," Michael stated, showing her a room with a huge picture window of the forest that surrounded them.

"Beautiful room," she stated. Stephen winked at her before giving her a hug.

"If you need me, I will be your bodyguard for the evening," he said before walking out.