Chapter 21

Arthur comes walking at that time when Thor sighed, looking at Ella. "I am sorry darlin' but I am afraid duty calls," Thor stated, looking sad.

"As am I," said Arthur, coming closer to her.

"You both have to leave, don't you," she replied, looking like she was about to cry.

"I am sorry," they said at the same time, hugging her, then giving her a kiss on the top of her head.

"I promise, we will come back for you, when we can," Arthur promised, hugging her.

"Go kick their butt, whoever it is then come back to me, when you can," she replied to both of her soulmates. They nodded, then left the apartment, closing the door behind them.

Shortly after they left, Ella sunk to the floor in her apartment, crying. She did not want to tell Celeste or Michael but since she was supposed to have the day off, she did not know what she wanted to do.

Going to the bedroom, she found her phone and called Michael on speed dial. 

"Hey Ella, are you enjoying time with your guys," he asked.

She started crying and Michael got all defensive. "Where are you, did they hurt you," he demanded.

"I am at the apartment," she said, in between sobbing.

It was not long before Michael came charging in, finding his friend in the middle of her bed, curled up in the fetal position, crying.

"Ella Ingrid McIntyre, what happened," he asked her, saying her full name. When she couldn't say anything, he picked her up and held her in his arms, rubbing her back.

After thirty minutes, she finally told him what happened. He sighed a heavy sigh. "Do you want to come to work," he asked. 

Then when he left the room, Ella got dressed, grabbing her purse and backpack. Michael took the house keys and locked up behind her.

"I called Celeste and told her what happened," he stated, wrapping an arm around his friend. "She will come and get you in four hours and take you home," he added. Ella just nodded.