Chapter 23

It was at this time that Michael walked back to the IT room with the hot matcha teas. Ella was curled up into the chair with her knees to her stomach and her head in her lap.

"Ella," Michael asked, with tears in his eyes, feeling sad for his friend.

"Huh," she asked, hugging her knees. Michael put her tea in front of her.

"You are clearly not mentally stable to be here," he informed his friend. 

"I do not think that I can be alone right now," she told Michael, not looking at him, eyes filled with tears.

He came up behind her, hugging her around the shoulders. "Don't worry Ella Ingrid, I'm here for you," he told her. 

He came up behind her, hugging her around the shoulders. "Don't worry Ella Ingrid, I'm here for you," he told her. Then getting in front of her, he hugged her tightly. 

It seemed like four hours came and left rather quickly since Celeste was at the door to the IT room and knocked. Michael opened the door and smiled, then gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Our girl needs us right now," he stated. Celeste looked over at the chair, seeing her friend, curled up, with her knees next to her chest, drinking her tea.

"I think so too," Celeste added, then goes over to in front of Ella. "Ella," she asked, getting down at knee level, looking at her friend.

Ella tried to smile, but it did not reach her eyes. "Let's get you home," Celeste stated, helping her friend to her feet.

Once at home, Celeste made a phone call. "I need 4 tacos, ala carte, an appetizer of your guacamole and extra salsa. Name for the order? Ella," she said to their favorite Mexican place, then hanging up. 

Fifteen minutes later, Celeste has turned on their favorite chick flick, Pitch Perfect. At that same moment, there was a knock on the door.

After giving them the exact change, Celeste locked the door behind her, nodding at the agent who was at the door. "Ella, I got our favorite," she told her friend.

 Not too much later, they were laughing at their favorite movie, and eating dinner together. "I was thinking we could sleep out here tonight, what do you think," Celeste asked her friend.

Ella nods. "I would love that very much," she replied, smiling softly.

"You know Ella, they're super heroes. So, you have to come to understand, that with their line of work, it is just as hard on them as it is on you," Celeste tried re-assuring Ella. Ella nodded at her friend, trying to be understanding.