Chapter 5

As she walked home, something felt off. She did not know why but she gripped her backpack tightly in her arms. Then turning around, scared to even look, Ella saw a massive wave of water coming her direction. She started running and thinking to herself," Oh not again, why does this have to happen to me." Then a massive muscular arm picks her up and holds her close to him.

Scared to even look, a handsome guy peered at her with beautiful blue eyes. "Why hello darlin'," he says to her. She looks at the brown-haired muscle-bound hunk and she thought she was going to melt with excitement.

"This time of the morning is not safe for someone as beautiful as you," he added. Ella blushed three shades of red. Why did she get this sudden sense of déjà vu? Oh that's right because the previous week, Thor said the same thing to her.  

"Please do not be afraid but I am going to take you to your apartment. So please tell me where you live and I can take you," said the God. She pointed 4 blocks to their left.

"And the house or apartment number," he asked.

"Um, 409," she said in a soft voice. Then he took her a few blocks over and sets her down gently on the ground from the current of the wave.

"Is this it, miss," he incurred.

"Ella," she replied meekly.

"Nice to meet you gorgeous Ella," he smiled, kissing her hand, then immediately left, as he winked at her.

"Did that just really happen," she asked herself. She brushed it off and went inside and up to her apartment on the 3rd floor.  

"Ella is that you," her roommate Celeste, asked from her bedroom.

"Sure is," Ella stated, locking the door behind her. Then after putting her things in her bedroom, she went to the fridge, getting some wine and putting into a tumbler. Then in a glass, she took some wine to her roommate, knocking on her door. Wine was her roommate's weakness. Just like kryptonite is to Superman. 

"Thank you my dear," she said to Ella, as she focused on her work. "I am sorry Ella, but I am busy trying to get some work done before the deadline. Can we talk later," she asked.

"That is fine with me," said her friend and she smiled. Ella took this as a hint to go to her room, curl up under the covers in her bed, and finished her wine as she read "As I Lay Dying" by William Faulkner.