Chapter 26

The short meeting with both DC and Marvel headquarters, turned into an all-day meeting. Michael was not impressed, and he sighed. He honestly did not think it would take this long.

Then sending a text message to Ella, he wrote, "Sorry, Ella, for bailing on you like I did. Something came up, personally, that I needed to take care of."

It did not take Ella long to notice she had a text message. After reading it, she responded, "It is okay, I understand. What time do you think I could head home," she asked him.

Looking at his watch, it was already 6:00pm. "Leave no later than 8pm," he responded back to Ella.

Ella took the necklaces, that were still in her hand, and put them around her neck. This told her that they were out there and they would come back to her. Yet she did not know when it would be. She now had hope. At this time, she starts to cry as she looked at the necklaces.
                  **********************

"So, from what we gather, both Arthur Curry and Thor, are missing in action. We have no idea where they are at or what they are doing," stated the council.

Michael was trying to get rid of the headache that he seemed to have for the last five minutes. Stephen Strange saw this and handed Michael some ibuprofen and water.

"Thank you, Stephen," Michael stated, taking the ibuprofen with the water.

"Everyone, keep an eye out and open for them. In the meanwhile, Michael Alec, you need to stay next to Ella McIntyre like glue. Do not leave her side. If the THEY find out who she is and where she works," a male stated.

Michael nodded at the male on the council, who addressed him.

                **************************

"She is here and she is alone. Now is the time to make our move," said Gretchen into her phone. She grinned, ready for the next phase of the plan; to get Ella McIntyre and to make the gods pay for their mistake.