Chapter 29

After Ella was settled into the room, Michael offered to go the apartment. To get a few things for her. Ella nodded, writing a list of things she needed on a sketch pad that he provided her. Including, but not limited to, her portable radio.

A little while later, Michael knocked on the bedroom door before entering. With not answering, he looked at Stephen and he shrugged. "I'm coming in," Michael stated.

Then when he walked in, he saw Ella curled up in a ball on the bed. His heart ached seeing Ella this way. "Ella," he asked her, sitting next to her, after him and a woman put several armloads down on the floor.

She nodded and left. Not getting a response, Michael wrapped an arm around Ella, holding her. Then Ella started crying in his arms.

"Everything will be okay, I promise," he told his friend.

When Ella was asleep, he put the radio on top of the dresser and turned it on for her. When Ella awoke later, the song, "I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden was on. Burying her head in her lap, she started crying uncontrollably.

"I can't do this," she mumbled into her lap.

Then there was a knock on the door. It was Dr. Stephen Strange. "I have been told your name is Ella Ingrid McIntyre," said Stephen. She nods.

"You want to talk about it," he added.

"Maybe," is all Ella could muster.

Stephen then leads her out of the room and down to the kitchen, where there was a small gathering of super heroes.

"Where are we," she asked him, with his arm around her shoulders.

"We are in the mess hall, where we are going to get you something to eat. Then once you get done eating, then you can decide further what you want to do," Stephen explained. Ella nodded as they came to a huge master kitchen and a chef stood in front of them.