Chapter 35

As Gretchen was about to put Ella into the helicopter, Clint came up behind Gretchen. "Before you do something stupid, drop the dagger," he said into her ear.

As she turned, she slit Ella's throat, then knocked her out, then Ella fell to the ground on the roof of Brookfield Place. At this time, Clint picked Ella up and the helicopter flew away.

Thor took this moment to come in front of Gretchen and stared her down as Arthur comes from behind Gretchen and grabbed her when she did not notice.

"You have the right to remain silent," Arthur grinned, excited to say that line.

Then taking her by force, Arthur takes Gretchen to the ground of the mall. There, he saw multiple cop cars and cops swarming the area and coming up to him. Then he continued, "Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

"We got it from here Aquaman," said the cop.

Then another cop looked at him, putting a hand on his shoulder, "Job well done."

A cop took Gretchen, putting her into the back of the cop car and shut the door behind her.

"Just you wait, we will find you Ella McIntyre, no matter where you are at and they will never find you again," Gretchen threatened. 

At this time, Clint and Thor appear behind Arthur on the sidewalk.

"How is our girl," asked Arthur to Thor, looking at Ella and her neck.

Clint inspects Ella's neck. "It looks deep enough that it may need stitches. Let's take her to her room at the Marvel headquarters," he states.

Thor and Arthur looked at Clint with a weird look. "What did you say," said Thor.

"She has a place at the headquarters because she has had people after her. Figured after the two of you came back, she could go home with either of you," he stated, matter of fact.