Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"Napakasaya mo naman ata?" Rahim glared at me. "Yung report natin ha?"

I just gave him a thumbs-up and continued to beam like crazy. I feel like I could ace our report even when my eyes are closed.

"How sure are you?" tanong niya naman.

"Basta..." I assured him.

True enough our report was done in minutes and we gave a follow-up quiz to our classmates right after.

"Parang maaliwalas ang mundo mo ngayon, Damian?" tanong ng isa kong kakalase. It was immediately followed their shrieking tease.

I'm not blind. I know a lot of people have seen us in the library earlier.

"Guys alam niyo na..." I chuckled. "Okay, next number..." I changed the topic swiftly.

After I gave the 5th item of the quiz, we checked it right after and announced the afternoon recess. As usual, I went to the canteen along with my friend.

"I feel like you're too inspired to do shit today," Rahim commented. He sipped on his milk and arched his brow at me. "Care to share?"

"Wag na," iling ko. "Makiki-chismis ka lang naman eh."

We were having our remaining minutes in silence but someone suddenly sat on the third seat of our table. Out of all people, hindi ko iniisip na siya mismo ang gagawa noon. It could be anyone, it could be Rahim's sister, my cousin Tarrie, Claire, or even Lau, our only female friend.

I didn't expect it to be Hani. And she sat there so unbothered.

"Why are you here?" takang tanong ko.

"Am I not allowed to talk to the suitor of my best friend?" she asked back. Nakataas ang kilay.

Tinaasan rin ako ng kilay ni Rahim habang umiinom siya ng gatas. He was asking me through the eyes why I didn't tell him about it.

I ignored him and looked back to Hani. "Okay, so what's your agenda?" I asked.

Umiling siya at sumubo ng kwek-kwek. She pointed the bamboo stick at me. "I should be the one asking you that. What is your agenda?"

She's going to pull all the heavens so that she can protect her best friend from me.

"Tama ka. Liligawan ko nga si Denise." I told her my plans.

"Too bad for you then..." she shrugged. "Sa lahat ng bulaklak na nasa paligid mo, iyon pa talagang ipinagbabawal ang gusto mo."

I ignored her statement and scanned Denise around the area. 

"Hindi mo siya makikita at hindi mo siya pwedeng makita." She seemed to know who I was looking for. She pointed the stick at me. "She's been fasting."

"What? For how long?"

"For a week. Actually, you are not supposed to see her earlier. And she was not supposed to decide too. But oh well... What can we do?"

"What do you mean?"

Hindi ko siya makikita ng isang linggo? Man, that's almost like a decade!

"Do you really need a twice explanation for you to understand something?" she asked. Getting irritated.

"I just need a little politeness, Miss." I sarcastically said.

"What I am saying is, it is untimely for her to decide like that."

She sipped on her juice. "If I were you I wouldn't say that the boyfriend position will be mine soon nor that it'll be secure. You're still in a very rocky position. And 'mind you, you're just one of the dozen suitors that she has now."