Chapter 1

Note: Ang pagmumura ng characters ay wag tularan.

Chapter 1
Like

Matagal humupa ang sigawan. The girl went back to their table along with her friends at nakita kong pinaghahampas siya ng kaibigan niya habang naghahagikhikan. She looked back at me and gave me an expression that I can't understand. As if she regretted what she just did.

Pinagsisihan niya ba na binigay niya sa akin ang letter? That's funny because I'm bewildered at what just happened. Hindi naman first time na may nagbigay ng letter sa akin, but this is the most public so far.

"Gagi, Master patingin!" muntik nang hablutin sa akin ni Jake ang letter.
"No!" iniwas ko agad ang sobreng hawak ko. "No way."

I slid it in my pockets and pagbalik namin ng room ay nilagay ko sa bag. It seems that the news flew so fast. Days flipped and now, I can hear her name. Madalas akong inaasar ng mga kaklase ko.

Fvck, I don't even know who that girl is. She just appeared out of nowhere carrying that letter that I haven't bothered to read. Should I respond to it? I mean she's pretty... and it's been days now since the time she gave it to me. Is she expecting that I would respond? I don't write letters and merely thinking of it makes me feel cringey.

And I'm certainly not deaf to the rumors circulating around. May narinig pa nga ako na nagliligawan daw kami n'ong Denise na yon.

"Lalim ng iniisip mo ah?" Rahim flashed a smirk like he was so amused. "I know the girl you are thinking of."

"Hindi ko siya iniisip," irap ko.

"Hindi ka naman talaga nag-iisip," he sneered.

I ran my fingers through my hair frustratedly. "Suntukan na lang, Rahim."

"You sure you don't want to know her?" he scrolled on his phone casually. He's mobilizing his connections once again.

"I already know her name," irap ko. "Is there anything else left to know?

I ran my fingers through my hair, naramdaman ko na humahaba na ang buhok ko kaya pala medyo mainit na. I need a haircut, but it feels so tiring to go to the barbershop.

"Her name is Deborah Nissi not Denise, that's just her nickname," he explained while his eyes are on his phone. "Are you sure you are not interested?"

"Look," I tried to make a point. "She's not the first one to do this to me, you know."

I've seen all kinds of girls, there's the wild one, there's the friendly, the silent and timid. May dense rin. I can't deny, I like girls especially if they're pretty. But I had some girlfriends too that we're not pretty in the eyes of the majority for some of them had beautiful minds. Mature and yeah, overtime they lost it. Nagiging obsessive at gusto nila na sa kanila lang umikot ang mundo ko.

All through my entire existence, I knew my effect. I can get any girl I want, well except for the Islam girls we have in the class. As much as they are pretty, I don't want to cross nor disrespect the barrier of religion just for the sake of 'infatuation' that won't last.

Hindi ako mestizo sa katunayan ay kabaliktaran pa nga. Out of all males in our family. I have the most dark tan. All my girlfriends love it, kasi ang ganda daw ng pagiging moreno ko.

And Denise? Hindi naman porque may gusto sa akin ay dapat ko nang patulan agad. Sometimes I just want to leave things the way that they are.

"By the way? Saan nga pala yung sinabi ni Brett na pupuntahan natin na birthday?" tanong ko.

"Sa kanila, it's her sister's birthday at doon daw tayo mananghalian," he answered. "Umayos ka daw, crush ka ng celebrant."

When lunch came in I took my shoes from the shoe stand outside of the room and wore them. I stood cooly after tying it.