Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Same

I can say... a lot happened in one night.

She's mad. Freaking out at the thought of meeting my family kahit sinabi kong hindi pa naman agad-agad.

"Anong gagawin ko?" She almost ruined her hair out of stress and I prevented her to do so by holding her hand firmly.

"No, hindi naman agad-agad."

"Ang tito ko!" her eyes widened at the sudden realization. Great, now I can imagine myself that I projecting her emotions, mirroring them. "Pag nalaman niya mananagot ako..."

"I... I can meet with your Tito... If you want—I mean, it's the right thing to do."

"No," mabilis siyang umiling. "Definitely not."

I shut my mouth and nodded. Actually hindi ko na rin alam kung anong pumapasok sa utak ko palagi akong oo pagdating kay Denise. I knew hwe upbringing, probably strict and doesn't allow her to get boyfriends... Ewan ko lang kung bakit siya nagkaroon ng Yuano dati...

She got silent for minutes until I finally broke the silence. "Matagal pa naman yon."

"Goodness..." umirap siya. "Paano ba nangyari sa ganito ang sitwasyon? Hindi mo naman pinapakilala sa pamilya mo ang mga girlfriend mo noon ah?"

I stared at her... just lovingly... admiring her beauty in my thoughts and not responding to her questions of confusion. Maya-maya pa ay naaninag ko ang pamumula niya.

"I think you know already the answer to that question... Why would I like to introduce you to my parents?"

Namumula siyang umiwas ng tingin. "I refuse to answer..."

I just guided her hand to my nape and allowed her to feel my new low fade cut hair. I closed my eyes as I felt her hand caressing it.

"Sleepy?" she asked.

Sleep? I couldn't sleep that night. Denise's smiles and laughter chased me to my pillows. I wanted to call her but, it's late already...She's probably sleeping...

Pagod na siguro iyon lalo pa't sinala ko ang heels niya, I noticed her walk was getting slower and she was wobbling... I offered her my extra flats instead, hindi naman iyon nakikita sa ilalim ng gown niya.

I wanted to hug her and shower her with random light kisses on the hand and forehead but I know... I couldn't do that. Something tells me that I must not. Na dapat may invisible line sa pagitan naming dalawa. At all times.

May tumikhim sa likod ko habang kumukuha ako ng tubig sa dispenser ng canteen, I looked back and it was Hani. Lifting her brows and clearly giving me that judgy look. Ang liit pero ang maldita.

Kumuha rin siya ng tubig. Akala ko aalis na siya matapos pero kinausap niya ako.

"You're dating my best friend?"

"Yes, proudly." I shrugged.

"Unfortunate..." she clicked her tongue and shook her head disappointedly. "You know her upbringing yes? What type of girl she is?"

Tumango ako. "A church girl. A very religious one."

"Religious? What an insult."

"Am I wrong?"

Umiling siya. "Hindi naman. Just a wrong choice of word." She looked at me blankly. "Magpakabait ka."

Iyon and huling sabi niya at umalis na siya pagkatapos noon. Siguro ay ganoon lang talaga siya... Misteryoso at maldita. I understand her a bit. My reputation is not that good. She's just protecting her friend from me...