{7. Cosplay}

"Oh my gosh, girl! Your outfit is absolutely gorgeous! You'll definitely win the competition at school today," Alya told Marinette who was putting on her black latex gloves on as she was done with her outfit and she checked herself out in the mirror before turning to her friend.

"You sure? I mean my outfit isn't all that amazing and I doubt that I'll win the cosplay competition at school," Marinette replied to Alya as their school was holding a 'Cosplay as your favourite superhero' competition and Marinette decided to cosplay Chat Noir.

"I'm absolutely sure that you'll win Mari and besides you're rocking the cosplay. Let's get going to school," Alya said as the two grabbed their school bags, heading to school but Marinette tried to avoid the Parisian's gazes at them and she was embarrassed. Once they made it to school, Alya went over to Nino as the two complemented each other's cosplays of Rena Rouge and Carapace while Adrien tapped Marinette's shoulder.

"Hey Mari. Awesome Chat Noir cosplay," Adrien compliments as Marinette thanks him and she noticed that he was cosplaying Ladybug. She really loved his cosplay outfit as Adrien smiled at her and the bell rang signalling the start of class so the two headed to their class.

As soon as they arrived inside of the classroom, their classmates were in awe of how great both of their cosplays of Ladybug and Chat Noir were. They both sat in their seats as the class were cosplaying different superheroes from around the world and Marinette really loved how each cosplay had been done very well.

"It's so wonderful to see each and every one of you all cosplay different superheroes as well as taking part in the competition. Remember to vote one female and male that you think has the best cosplay outfit," Mrs Bustier told the class as she began to hand out the voting slips to each of the students and she went back to the front of the class once she was done.

Marinette glanced around as she noticed that some of the students had started to vote and Adrien was also doing the same thing so she decided to vote as well. She voted for Adrien and Alya as she really loved both their cosplays. Marinette got up as she went to the front of the class where a box sat on Mrs Bustier's desk and she puts the voting slip inside before going back to her seat.

Once everyone had finished, the class began as Marinette took out her notebook and her pen to start making notes but she wondered which two students he had voted for. She shakes her head to snap out of her thoughts which she had gotten lost into as she paid attention to Mrs Bustier and the current lecture that was happening.

An hour later, class was finished as Marinette had packed her stuff away and she got up from her seat, making her way out of the class for break. Adrien went over to Marinette as the two chatted about who they had voted for the competition and they were both stunned when they found out that they had voted one another.

"You voted for me? Really? Wow thanks so much," They both told one another at the same time as the two laughed and smiled at one another. The speakers of the school turned on as Mr Damocles checked to see if the students could hear him before he started to speak.

"Good morning to all of the students and I would like to say two things. The first thing is that your cosplays of different superheroes from around the world look really great and each of your cosplays are very unique. The second thing is that I would like to announce the winners of the competition," Mr Damocles began to say as everyone listened to see who the winners of the cosplay competition were.

"The winners of the cosplay competition are, Marinette Dupain Cheng and Adrien Agreste for their cosplays of the two heroes of Paris. Congratulations you two for your outstanding cosplays of Ladybug and Chat Noir. Come to my office to collect your prizes," Mr Damocles announced as the speakers turned off while Marinette and Adrien were surprised that they had won but congratulated each other.

"I told you that you would win the competition, girl. Your cosplay of Chat Noir is really cool and Adrien's cosplay of Ladybug is really cute. Congrats on winning you two," Alya told them as they both thanked her and they smiled at each other. Cosplaying wasn't so terrible and embarrassing after all. All it took was confidence and courage to be able to cosplay as their favourite heroes of Paris.

Word count: 797