{27. Pancakes}

It was early morning as Marinette was sleeping peacefully in the bed that she shared with her husband, Adrien and her hand rested on her six month pregnant stomach. The couple had gotten married after graduating from university four years ago as they've been living together ever since and were expecting to have a baby in three months.

A few minutes passed, as the sweet scent of pancakes filled the air which caused Marinette to stir, opening her eyes slowly before she carefully stretched and she out of her bed. Her Kwamii, Tikki, greeted her as she responded with a smile and then headed to the bathroom to freshen up.

Once she exited the bathroom after drying her hands and face with a towel, Marinette went downstairs while Tikki followed behind her. Upon entering the kitchen, the aroma of the pancake made Marinette's stomach rumble as she blushed a bit before she stopped and sat at the table. Adrien had finished making breakfast for them both as he sets a plate of pancakes with blueberries and bananas since he knew that his wife craved those two fruits a lot.

He gave her cheek a quick kiss after greeting her as he sat down with his plate of pancakes and they both started to eat while their Tikki ate a blueberry that Marinette had given her. Plagg was eating his usual food, camembert cheese, as their holders began to talk about stuff and Marinette began to talk about how much she missed being Ladybug.

"I really miss fighting alongside you as Ladybug, Adrien but I'm pregnant so of course I can't risk fighting otherwise I could hurt myself or our baby and I took a break from being a hero. Luckily Hawkmoth hasn't been akumatising anyone lately for the past couple of months so it's a good thing I guess but you have to be on guard in case he does anything," Marinette told Adrien.

"I know Marinette and I remember you talking about giving your miraculous to Alya since you've told her that you're Ladybug years ago so if Hawkmoth ever decides to show up I know who to call for help. Anyways how are the pancakes? It's my first time making them in a long time so I was worried that I might've done a terrible job or something," Adrien said to Marinette as she puts the glass of water that she had drank from and she replied to her husband.

"I absolutely love the pancakes Adrien and you've done a great job with making them. Thank you for making them and including the two fruits I like the most. I was craving pancakes actually so I'm glad that you made them," Marinette replied as Adrien smiled at her response and the couple went back to eating but Marinette gasped causing her to drop her fork on the plate.

"Marinette! Are you alright? What happened?" Adrien asked as he was worried when Marinette suddenly gasped and he hoped that everything was alright. She nodded as she was surprised by the baby's strong kick which caused her to drop her fork and she assured her husband that she was fine.

"Sorry about that Adrien. The baby's strong kick startled me a little bit since I wasn't expecting such a strong one to happen but I'm alright," Marinette assured her husband as she gently rubbed her stomach and Adrien stood up from where he was sat, going over to kneel in front his wife before he kissed her pregnant stomach.

"I guess the baby loved the pancakes I made," Adrien said as they both laughed and they shared a quick kiss before pulling away. Their day was going well already after having their pancakes as they were glad to have enjoyed their breakfast.

Word count: 634