{3. Sweets}

It was another busy day at the bakery as Marinette was helping her parents and making sure people got their orders that they wanted. An hour ago the line was really long but now there were only a couple of people left as the reason why it was so busy was because Marinette had made some sweets with Adrien and posted an image of them online which people saw so they came to the bakery in hopes of trying the sweets out.

"I didn't think the caramel toffees were going to be this popular but at least I had some help making them. Thanks for your help Adrien," Marinette told Adrien as he had come to help her make the sweets after she called him over and she was glad that people had like them.

"Anytime Marinette. I told you that people love caramel toffee so it was a good idea of you posting the image online since lots of customers came and we managed to sell the sweets for a good price," Adrien replied as it was his idea to make the sweets and he was grateful to have made something with Marinette for the first time.

After the last of customers had left, Sabine and Tom sighed in relief as they didn't expect this many people to come to their bakery but they didn't complain since it meant that their business was doing well. They cleaned up as Marinette and Adrien helped which took them a couple of minutes since there wasn't much mess.

Sabine and Tom headed upstairs afterwards as they were going to rest while the two students stayed in the bakery. Marinette flipped the sign over to indicate that the bakery was closed as she went over to Adrien and got out a basket of fresh treats that she has kept hidden underneath the pantry to keep warm just for the two of them.

"What's in the basket Mari?" Adrien asked as Marinette took off the white cover to reveal some caramel toffees and a couple of chocolate chip cookies which were still warm. Adrien didn't expect this as he takes one of the cookies and takes a bite of it, his eyes widening at how delicious the cookie was.

"I guess you liked the cookie Adrien by your reaction so why don't you try a caramel toffee next?" Marinette said as Adrien finished eating the cookie first before he takes a toffee piece from the basket and taking a few bites of it, chewing carefully so that his teeth didn't hurt too much.

"Wow that's one of the best caramel toffees I've ever had Marinette. Thanks for making them," Adrien told Marinette after he finished eating the toffee piece while Marinette eats a toffee too. Adrien had another cookie as he really loved the way the tasted and Marinette took out a bottle of water from the fridge, giving it to Adrien.

She opens her own water bottle as she takes a sip from it before closing the cap and takes a cookie to try. Marinette loved trying sweet treats as she really enjoyed baking them and so did Adrien. Marinette noticed some crumbs on the corner of Adrien's lip as she grabs a napkin to clean it off while a faint blush crept on her cheeks and Adrien watched her clean the crumbs off him.

Marinette moved away as she threw the napkin in the bin and she went back to Adrien who pulled her closer to him causing her to gasp in surprise by the sudden action. He gently kissed Marinette's lips as Adrien pulled away afterwards and noticed the blush on Marinette's cheeks.

"A-Adrien kissed me?!" Marinette thought as she couldn't believe what had just happened and thought that she was dreaming about the whole kiss. She pinched her arm to see if she was dreaming as she felt the pinch which meant that the kiss was something that had happened and it was real. Adrien smiled at Marinette as he kissed her cheek before he takes her hand into his own.

"I really love you Mari and you're a really sweet person. I'm so glad that we were able to make sweets together and I felt like confessing to you now would be a good option since it's just the two of us. I've always loved you and I hope that you can be my sweet girlfriend," Adrien told Marinette who nodded in agreeing to be Adrien's girlfriend and the two shared another sweet kiss.

Who would've thought that making sweet treats would bring Marinette and Adrien closer? They both knew that they would cherish this sweet memory forever.

Word count: 782