{25. Cloud-Gazing}

Adrien and Marinette were at the park as they laid on the blanket and looking up to the light blue sky while the clouds passed by. Each cloud looked different in terms of shape and size as they pointed out to each other what the clouds looked them in their eyes.

"That cloud there looks like a teddy bear or something similar. Don't you think so Adrien?" Marinette said to Adrien as he hummed in agreement and the cloud passed by. A second cloud was spotted by Adrien which looked like an apple as Marinette then saw a cloud which looked like a heart and they both smiled, enjoying the peaceful quietness around them.

Marinette turned her gaze to Adrien as she was glad that he had time off from his modelling and agreed to come with her to the park on a date. She had been dating him for nearly four years now as she wondered if he would consider marrying her soon but of course she didn't want to rush him and she would wait for his proposal.

"Is everything alright Marinette? You became quiet all of a sudden. Is something on your mind?" Adrien questioned as Marinette snapped out of her thoughts which she had been so deep in and she blinked a few times to get back into reality.

"Sorry about that. I was just thinking about something but it's nothing to worry about. Let's get back to gazing at the clouds," Marinette replied as Adrien wondered if she was telling the truth but decided not to ask her any further and they both went back to looking at the clouds.

"Geez nice going Marinette. You lied to your boyfriend about what you were thinking and he was worried about you. No wait! Why am I putting myself down? Calm down girl and go back to what you were doing before," Marinette thought as she groaned internally and she saw a cloud that looked like a heart.

"That cloud reminds me of us you know? Our love for each other has gotten stronger over the years we've been dating each other and I've always loved you Marinette. I will continue to do so because you're the one who I fell in love with four years ago when we first met," Adrien told Marinette as she definitely felt the same way and she would also continue to love Adrien.

Adrien sat up as Marinette did the same, wondering what exactly was going on and he took something out of his pocket before he turned to Marinette. A small box? Wait was he going to ask her to marry him or something? Marinette's mind was filled with questions as Adrien opened the box while he smiled at her and tears were ready to fall down her face.

"When I first met you we got off on the wrong foot but after that day I shared my umbrella with you while it rained, I realised that some day we would end up together because I started to fall in love with you. Even though I was oblivious to your feelings at first and my own, we finally confessed to each other at my seventeenth birthday," Adrien began to say as Marinette's tears were falling down her face and Adrien continued to speak.

"After that day we've began to date for nearly four years and I think it's time for us to take the next step with our lives if you agree to it. We're both twenty-one so I wanted to ask; will you marry me Marinette Dupain-Cheng?" Adrien continued as Marinette nodded to show that she wanted to marry him and he slipped the ring on her finger before they shared a kiss.

They both pulled away after few seconds later as Marinette was overwhelmed with excitement and joy that she was now engaged to her boyfriend. Who knew that cloud gazing with your boyfriend would end up in a proposal afterwards? Even though she didn't expect it, Marinette was glad and so was Adrien.

Word count: 680