{28. Sneaking Away}

What in the world was going on? Why was he grounded all of a sudden? Oh right it was because Adrien's father grounded him for doing something that he didn't do as he was enraged at this and he was in his room, playing the piano before he stopped. His thoughts were clouded with rage as he slammed his fists down and Plagg went over to calm him down.

"Adrien you've got to calm down otherwise you'll get akumatised," Plagg warned his owner as Adrien sighed and he unclenched his fists, sighing before apologising to his Kwamii. He was mad because his father had accused him of hurting Natalie and he got grounded but he was only helping her since she had fallen. He just wished his father had listened to him instead of blaming him as Natalie also tried to tell the truth but she failed because Gabriel refused to listen.

"My father may have grounded me but he hasn't grounded Chat Noir! Plagg, claws out!" Adrien said to Plagg as he transformed into his hero identity before he jumped out of the window using his staff and headed straight to Marinette's house. He reached her balcony as he landed before he de-transformed and he knocked on the window, hoping that Marinette would be in.

"Adrien? What are you going here?" Marinette asked as she opened the window to let Adrien in and he climbed inside before she closed the window. He went over to sit down on a chair as he sighed while Marinette sat on her bed and she wondered if Adrien was alright. They both knew their secret identities as they had revealed them a year ago and she knew that Adrien came as his hero identity.

"I came here to get away from my father who had grounded me and accused me for doing something which I didn't do. Basically he thinks that I hurt Natalie since he thinks I did something to here when really she had fallen and I came to help her to stand but no matter how much I try to explain to him that he was wrong, he never listens so I decided to come to clear my head since you make me feel better Marinette," Adrien explained to her as he tried not to sound angry but he couldn't help it and he took a deep breath.

"I get what you mean since I got grounded once for doing something that I didn't do and my parents wouldn't let me explain but eventually they came around so I'm sure Mr Agreste will do the same for you. Just give him some time to clear his head and maybe he'll reconsider grounding you. It's frustrating I know but you have to not let your anger get the better of you otherwise Hawkmoth could akumatise you and I know none of us want that to happen," Marinette told Adrien as he got up to hug her and he felt much better than he was before. He was thankful to have snuck away just to see Marinette as she would give him the best advice and that's what he loved about her.

Word count: 533