~Chapter 4-12: Rest & Recreation~

"Huuuuhhh... We finally made it back..." Grim says with a sigh as he and Ezera arrive at Ramshackle's entrance. After everything, it was good to be back.

"I know what you mean. It really feels like we've been gone forever." Ezera says as he scratches Grim, who was on his shoulder, under chin. "Time to breathe a sigh of relief." He added in thought, seriously relieved.

"Heeeey there, you two!" Laverne the ghost calls to them.

"Even the faces of those old geezer-ghosts look cute after our prison life." Grim says as they approach said ghosts, the other two appear next.

"We thought you might've gone over to the other side since you didn't come home for so long... Everyone was worried sick. Heeheehee..." Hugo tells them.

"It's a huge relief to see you back safe and sound." Victor says next.

"We went ahead and took care of giving the fire fae their daily logs." Laverne says next and the two freeze.

"Ffgna!? Now that you mention it... We completely forgot!" Grim exclaims while Ezera was silent in shock. With everything going on, he had also forgotten about their task of keeping the school from freezing during the winter.

"No way we're spending our holiday in a block of ice." Hugo states.

"Yup, yup, and the feast the headmaster ordered has showed up." Victor then informs them. Oh, and just in time for the Winter Solstice.

"Nyahah! Feast time!! I gotta lay my eyes on this right now!" Grim exclaims and hops down from Ezera's shoulder, then rushes into the building with the ghosts. The Roma smiles fondly and goes to follow them inside as well.

"Ooh, are you back?" A voice suddenly says as an upside down person appears before him, startling the Romani.

"Waaaah! Oh, you're from Diasomnia..." The boy exclaims then says, recognizing the coloring of the other's vest and armband.

"Correct. I'm none other than the vice dorm leader of Diasomnia, Lilia Vanrouge." Lilia says as he lands on the ground, righting himself up in the process. "I've come to deliver a holiday card addressed to you from a certain individual." He says next and hands Ezera an envelope with the initials "M.D." on it.

"He was sulking about since he wasn't invited to any holiday parties again this year... Please be sure to invite him if you ever happen to host a party with your friends. With that, my business here is done. Have a wonderful holiday." Lilia tells him and requests, then prepares to leave.

"Oh, wait a second!" Ezera cries, making the man stop. The raven-haired Romani then runs into the house and upstairs to his room. He puts the card and envelope on his bedside table and picks up something else, then heads back out to Lilia.

"There should be a member of your dorm...I don't know his real name, but he has black hair, green eyes and horns at the top of his head. I bought this present for him, but I wasn't able to give it to him myself. Can you perhaps get it to him?" He explains and requests while giving Lilia the gift wrapped in black paper and tied with a bright green bow.

"Of course. I know who you mean and shall deliver it to him. By the way, I love your new shoes, they're simply lovely on you. Happy Holidays, dear Starlight!" Lilia agrees then compliments and disappears in a flash of light.

"The sender's name was... M.D.? But, who is that?" Ezera thought to himself, recalling the initials on the envelope, then heads back inside again. This time, he met with the others in the kitchen, where a feast was all set up.

"There you are Ezera! If you didn't get in here soon, you were going to miss the feast here!" Grim says in greeting.

"Hohoho! Happy Holidays!!" Victor then cheers.