~Chapter 4-1: The Winter Holiday~

"A vast... desert?" Ezera thought as he found himself in a desert landscape. Above the night sky sparkled with thousands of stars, providing the only light source for miles as he could see.

"You, are late." A deep voice says and he around turns to see a tall man on a black horse. On the sand floor below him, was a smaller and stout man, looking a little nervous before the intimidating one on the horse.

"I had to slit a few throats but I got it." The man says as he brings out a strange item, that shined like gold, which the man on the horse grabs from him.

"Trust me, my pungent friend. I know my plans." The man on the horse as he pulls something out of his pocket. This item also glimmered like gold, unfortunately Ezera couldn't see too well, as he kept out of their sight. Just then, something lit up and a gold light zoomed out into the desert.

"Quickly, follow the trail!" The man on the horse says as he follows the light, the other man also mounds his horse and follows after the other man.

Ezera himself follows the men, trying his best to keep up on foot. Upon catching up to the two men, he found standing before a giant head made of sand that almost looked like a tiger. Its eyes and mouth glowing, eerily.

"At last, after all my years of searching. The Cave of Wonders!" The taller man, now fully revealed. Wearing expensive looking black and red clothing, a large hat on his head with a red jewel and feather, plus long face with a wispy beard and a parrot on his shoulder.

"Awk! Cave of Wonders!" The parrot squawked.

"Remember, bring me the lamp. The rest of the treasure is yours, but the lamp is mine!" The tall man says to the stout one as he approaches the cave.

"Who disturbs my slumber?" The tiger head cave asks in a loud and bellowing voice that caused Ezera to flinch back. "Know this, only one may enter here, one whose worth lies far within. The diamond in the rough!" The cave says next as Ezera leans in closer, only to lose his balance and ends up sliding down the sand.

"Ow..." He hisses in pain as he attempts to get up, only to flinch as a staff pounds the ground in front of him. He looks up to see the tall man looking down at him, along with his parrot. The previous "dumb" look on its face long gone.

"Well, well, well..." The man says as he leans down to him and looks at his face. "A gypsy, but I've never seen one of your kind with white hair..." He says and lifts up a piece of Ezera's hair, revealing it to be a silvery-white color instead of black.

"What?! That--That's not my hair!" He thought and the scenery soon fades away.

~*Twisted Wonderland*~

Ezera jolts upright and immediately gets out of bed, rushing over to the mirror. He couldn't help but sigh in relief when he see his hair as its usual raven black color.

"So it's a desert dream this time? I've never seen anything like it... And why was my hair white in the dream?" He thought, confused, then noticed Grim wasn't in the room. "Grim!" He calls but doesn't receive an answer. He then walks out of his bedroom and down the stairs into the hallway.

"Oh my, what's with your groggy face?" Laverne the ghost says when he sees him.

"You look like you sneaked a peek of the other side. Heeheehee~" Hugo says as he appears next.

"No, just a weird dream, plus restless sleep." Ezera replies and tells them.

"Oh, good morning Ezera!" Grim greets as he runs into the room. "You okay?" He asks when he notices Ezera's slightly frazzled state.