2

"Sir, we've hung about 200 extra hammocks, cleaned and opened 80 extra houses for the married, the healers have prepared everything, the rest of the military base is ready for training, the food is being prepared... is there anything else?"

Jake was walking around home tree, checking in on everyone and everything. He wanted to make sure the upper forest felt welcome. He knew exactly what it was like to lose a home, the grief and suffering... they needed to feel as at home as they possibly could.

Jake nodded his head as he stopped at Mo'ats healing tent, peaking in just to get a visual. He wanted to make sure they had all the supplies they needed. "That should be it, lieutenant. Thank you for your help."

"Yes, sir." The man gave him a small nod of his head before turning to walk away.

Jake turned in his direction, "And lieutenant,"

"Sir?"

"I'll be coming by sometime today before the upper forest arrives to visit our new friend. Make sure he's... restless by the time I get there." Jake held eye contact with him, ensuring that his lieutenant knew what he meant.

"Don't worry, we're on it." He knew exactly what Jake meant.

"Thank you, you're dismissed." Jake responded back, letting him know to go ahead and leave back to base.

Jake checked every single area of home tree, making sure everyone was in the right places, doing their assigned jobs, and making sure that everything was close to complete.

The upper forest would arrive in less than eight hours now and Mo'at made sure that Jake knew that with the upper forest Omatikaya having a new Olo'eyktan, he would look to Jake for some guidance. Jake took it on, not claiming the title but wanting to protect them and provide them shelter.

No one else would, so he would.

As Jake was walking back to his home, wanting to grab a few things before heading to base, he was stopped by a clan member. Jake turned to see who it was, "Son of a bitch-" Jake laughed as he pulled the man into a big. "Ni'tamai... when the hell did you get here?"

Ni'tamai shrugged, "Late last night but I wanted to hold off on coming to see you, and I see now that was a smart choice cause you look like shit." Ni'tamai teased as Jake squinted at him, pushing him back.

"Still better looking than you, asshat." Jake remarked back.

"Are you though? If I can recall, I'm married, and someone...." Ni'tamai looks Jake up and down, "Is still very very single. Getting a lot of tail though no doubt."

Jake rolled his eyes. He knew it was true. Jake may have been single, but women in the clan constantly threw themselves at him. And if he was attracted to one of them enough, he'd take them home... and let's just say he found a lot of them attractive.

"Although, your hardheaded, stubborn attitude is a lot even for me to handle. I'm not surprised no woman has wanted to take on that challenge yet."

"Can't be a military leader without a liiiiittle hardheaded-ness..." Jake responded, knowing exactly what Ni'tamai was going to say back.

"A little... yeah we'll call it that."

Ni'tamai was Jake's best friend. They met at the beginning of the war, Ni'tamai being from the Metkayina clan. The water Na'vi. Ni'tamai was the only water Na'vi to join the war, the rest of them decided to stay out of it. Jake understood, they had children, wives, husbands, families... he never expected them to join and Jake was grateful just for the one.

"Well, you're here just in time... the upper forest was attacked a couple nights ago, we're taking them in and I could use all the extra help I can get." Jake said, changing the subject as he was taken out of the nice moment with harsh reality.

Ni'tamai smiled at Jake, "You think I came up here just to see you? You're handsome but not that handsome." Tamai teased Jake in response. "I got word of the attack and immediately headed this way. I want to help in any way possible, so I'm yours for however long you need me." Tamai held his arms out with a smug look on his face.

Jake chuckled at him, "Well my men definitely need another real warrior to show em' how it's done. You in for some training?"

"Always."

Jake and Tamai landed at base just an hour later, hopping off their Ikrans and heading towards the main bunker.

As soon as they entered, Norm could be seen rushing around and grabbing multiple items in his arms before rushing over the center table and dumping it all out.

Jake could feel his tension and panic.

"Hey Norm, what's up? What's wrong?" Jake asked, holding up his hand as he approached Norm. Almost to say 'Hey, calm down. We'll fix it.'

"The stupid fucking file, Jake. I can't find it. It's not anywhere."

Jake knew exactly what he was talking about, keeping his cool and composure, "Okay... okay, hey look. We'll find it. Don't freak out."

"Don't freak out?! Jake, you know what's in that file. That USB file could... and if someone found it?..." Norm looked at him with immense panic in his eyes.

"Norm, we'll find it. Calm your fucking heart rate down, it's doin' you no good right now." Jake responded, still keeping his cool while he was freaking out inside. He knew what was on that USB. He knew what would happen if someone found it.

His earpiece rang as his lieutenants voice rang through, "Sir, we're ready for you. We've put him in a more permanent location off of bunker 18."

Jake sighed, he couldn't deal with these two things at once. He turned to Tamai, who was leaned against the wall arms crossed and reading a human book. Jake trusted him, he would help Norm. No questions asked, no wondering about whats on it.

"Tamai, can you help Norm? I have some other business to attend to." Jake asked.

Tamai nodded his head once, setting the book down and walked towards Norm, "Sir yes sir," he joked while Jake turned his back to walk out.

Jake chuckled at Tamai while his hands came up to his throat microphone, "I read ya. I'm on my way."

Jake walked towards the opposite end of the base, while his men repeatedly came up to him, showing him different maps, asking him different questions, telling him new information. Jake handled all of it easily, he was use to it at this point. It all came with the territory.

"That's fine. Get it to a good stopping point and I'll come look at it." Jake said to one of his men while his head turned towards the other.

"Sir, this is the map of the new human base. We think there's more back here," The man pointed at the digital screen he was holding up, "but we just couldn't get that far back without being shot at."

Jake nodded and furrowed his brows as he concentrated, taking the map in his hands, "That's alright. What is this? The 6th fucking base they've built?" He spoke his thought aloud.

The man nodded, while Jake spoke his thoughts again, "Talk about compensating for their small-"

"Sir, can I get you to look at this?" A woman asked as she walked up, also holding a digital screen.

Jake glanced at the man standing next to him, who was chuckling while taking his screen away from Jake's hands.

Jake turned towards the woman, as he stopped walking, finally arriving outside the bunker, "Yeah I got a minute." He said to her as she handed him the screen.

Jake looked over the inventory, marking areas that are low on stock and areas that are too high. Also typing out a few things that they're in need of. He finished and handed the screen back to her, his eyes darkening as he walked into the bunker. His demeanor changing from approachable to intimidating and life-threatening.

Well, Jake was always intimidating. He just had that way about him. But he was absolutely terrifying when he wanted revenge.