13

The chapters with Li'Nessas dissociation are slightly dry with some lack of thought/emotion. It's intentional to show that her mind isn't all there. So don't let it bore you! It's not my normal writing style but I wanted to stay true to her current state of mine, ESPECIALLY in her POV.

___

It's now been three and a half months since the incident, two weeks since I sat on the couch with Mian. I haven't improved much, I've grown in frustration because nothing has happened still.

I'll have small moments of guilt, maybe some sadness, but it quickly disappears and I'm back to being emotionless all over again. I've tried so hard, but nothing is working. I've given up at this point, letting it happen and come back when it does.

I was on base today, training with Jake. He wanted to do some shooting today because he wants at least a couple of other men and women to know how to handle a gun.

He said it's important since guns are a lot more aggressive than any Na'vi weapons.

We were standing in the open shooting range on base, about five rows of targets lined up next to one another. I knew my way around a gun, but only around rifles. Jake wanted to teach me how to use a handgun and show me the process of how to train others on both guns.

We flew through the rifle pretty fast, since I already knew how to use it and he even said he was impressed with how well I handled it. He took the rifle back from me when I extended it out to him.

He gave me a small smile, "Who knew someone so short could handle such a big gun."

I gave him a playful glare, rolling my eyes and not responding. I hadn't been very talkative recently, especially around Jake. I think I was scared that I would break down in front of him. The past two days have been a bit harder, I could feel a tension spread in my chest and I knew I would break soon.

He nodded his head in the direction of a table lined with different guns, "Come here, I wanna show you how to disassemble and reassemble it." He said to me, turning and walking towards the table.

I followed behind him, coming to stand beside him at the table. He started showing me how to disassemble it, taking off the barrel first. I watched each move closely, trying to pick up on it. He was showing me different parts of the gun and what they're called.

He lined everything up after it was all disassembled, "Okay, now try and reassemble it." He said to me, one hand resting on the table, the other on his hip, his body turned towards me, and his head tilted slightly as he looked at me.

That dumb fucking head tilt...

I looked up at him, dumbfounded, "You don't honestly think I can put this back together after watching you take it apart?" I asked him, a slight attitude in my voice.

He chuckled, "Course not. But the best way to learn is to try and figure it out on your own. I laid everything out in order, you just need to figure out how to put it back on."

I huffed at him, he's ridiculous. I picked up the first and second pieces he had laid out, looking at them carefully. I took a wild guess, shifting one piece into another, and raises my eyebrows in surprise when it actually clicked together.

"See! You got it." Jake said to me, encouraging me to keep going.

I picked up the third piece, clicking it in, and then the fourth. I was surprised at myself, I really thought I would need Jake's help. I got to the last piece and it was a bit more difficult than the others, frustrating me.

Jake could sense my frustration, stepping closer, placing his hand on my back and leaning his face closer to mine while looking at the gun from my point of view, our cheeks just inches apart.