11

Time Skip: 2 months

It's been about two months since the incident. Nessa has gone completely cold.

We speak to each other, but when we do, it's about training the upper forest women. Even then, her voice holds no emotion. She's completely different, she doesn't speak up as much as she would during her first week here. She doesn't voice her opinion.

I didn't realize how much I actually enjoyed being around people who weren't afraid to voice opposing opinions to mine. Without her speaking much, it was back to everyone just nodding their heads and doing whatever I want them to.

I wasn't opposed to it, but I always love a challenge.

I was angry for weeks, no doubt letting that anger unleash on Robert. So much that it even made my men a little bit scared of how far I was taking it.

I didn't care. His begging and pleading only made me angrier.

I was sitting in the main bunker, looking over the maps of the new base the human invaders just put up. Norm working on some science-y things, I never really knew what it was, I just let him do his thing.

I heard the door slide open and my lieutenant's voice as he walked in, "Sir, I have the files you asked for."

I looked up from the maps, seeing the pile of files in his hands first then looking at home directly. I gave him a small nod of my head, "You can set them in my private bunker on the desk. Thank you."

"Yes, sir."

He turned and walked back out as I focused my attention back on the maps. They've been building on and putting up bases faster than we can keep track. As soon as we get a grip on one, they add another.

As much as we've tried, we've gotten nothing out of Robert. His previous Navy Seal training back on earth had taught him how to resist torture tactics.

We weren't physically harming him, just mentally. Throwing him in insanely tight spaces for days at a time, playing noises meant to overstimulate his brain for hours on end, tying him down and spinning him in circles, and the list could go on.

Nothing was working.

I sighed out of frustration, groaning and walking away from the table. I need to look at something else.

I pressed my throat microphone, "Lieutenant, never mind. Bring those files back into the main bunker." Honestly, I could just walk back to my private bunker but I was too lazy and I knew he would bring them back without complaining.

"Yes, sir. Headed back."

I slumped down on the couch we kept against the wall, letting out a sigh and looking up at Norm. He was looking at me first, giving me a judgmental look.

"What?" I said.

He just shook his head before turning back to his work and muttering, "Lazy ass bitch."

I chuckled at him before hearing the door slide back open and my lieutenant walks back in. He walked straight to me, handing me the files, and immediately left.

I sat the stack next to me on the couch, taking the first one off the top and opening it. It was a stack of seventeen, representing the eleven men and six women who fought in the war from the upper forest.

I was going to wait until Tsu'Mian or Li'Nessa talked to me about what all had happened, but I was impatient.

The top of the stack was all the men and I had gotten down to the last male, opening the file and scanning it. The name at the top read Yakem in bold letters.