1 (PROLOGUE)

I do wanna let yall know before starting, this story is a semi-medium slow burn and the love interest doesn't get here till chapter three BUT hang in there with me and I think you might like it.

Also this first chapter really is more of a prologue, showing some of Jake's, Moat's,  and Upper Forest background details before really diving in. Enjoy :)

___

"Hustle it, we don't have much time," Jake's voice rings through his teams ear pieces, "Keep it clean. Get in and get out."

Jake stood tall as his back was pressed against the hot metal of the human-invaders base, burning from the heat of the mid-day. Jake was commanding his team as he was waiting for one person and one person only to walk out of that door to his left.

The sounds of gunfire picked up, letting Jake know that his men had to go into defensive mode. Yet it all sounded like background noise as his focus zoned in on the metal-sliding door as it started to open.

A man walks out, not seeing Jake standing to his right. The man wasn't in any hurry, despite the obvious gunfire around them and inside the building. As soon as Jake registers who it is, he takes a step towards him, lifting up his gun and ramming the back of it into the back of the man's head. The man falls unconscious as he heads straight for the ground.

Jake wanted him alive.

He throws the unconscious man over his shoulder, clicking the button attached to his throat and speaking to his men. "I've got him, get your asses out of there. Now." Jake was harsh at times, but he was harsh because he never wanted to stand in front of another mother or father and tell them that their child had lost their lives for his cause.

"Yes sir." He hears his lieutenant's voice respond as Jake is headed for the tree line.

After making their way back to the Omatikaya base, Jake sends his men to get patched up while he brings the prisoner to their underground holding cell. Jake dumps his limp body onto the cold, hard, metal bed before walking out and locking him in.

This wasn't just any man. This was the man who led the killing shots at the children's Omatikaya school as the war erupted. It was mid-day, they never expected it. They never thought they had the actual balls.

Jake's fists clench at the thought, his back turned to the holding cell. He can hear the cries of mothers and fathers who lost, not just one child, but multiple children.

It's unforgivable.

It took them two years, but they finally found him. Once they transferred the man's memories over to a permanent Avatar, it became even harder to find him. Jake assumes they were keeping his human body in cryo just in case. This man was the equivalent of Jake in their little military, he called all the shots and controlled all the operations.

The humans had created so many bases on the outskirts of the forest, that it was hard to keep track sometimes. But Jake was keeping track, and as soon as he knew where this man was. There was nothing stopping him.

Jake walks towards the exit, fingers coming up to press the button around his neck again. "I need high-level security around cell 14. If you value all your fingers, don't let me find out he's escaped."

"Yes, sir. On it." The voices of his men rang through.

Jake wasn't just any Na'vi warrior, the clan trusted him and placed their lives in his hands. Enough to do what Jake asks of them, no questions asked, no smart remarks. No one questioned his leadership. Ever. He was practically their Olo'eyktan without actually having the title.