23

"Just the beautiful person I was looking for," Jake muttered as he walked behind Nessa, hands sliding onto her waist.

Nessa smiled as Jake pressed a kiss to her cheek, another to her neck, and one more on her shoulder.

Nessa slapped one of Jake's hands, "Jake, we're on base," she hissed.

Jake came up to whisper in her ear, "Good."

"Out in the open."

"Too many men are looking at you, about time they know who you belong to," his breath sent shivers down her spine.

Jake pressed another kiss right behind her ear, "Fine," Nessa said, "you can deal with Mian when he finds out from the clan instead of us."

"Six months and we haven't told him yet, he's already gonna be pissed babygirl."

Nessa groaned, the reminder to tell Mian nagging her inside her head. Like a child calling your name over and over again until you're sure a blood vessel is about to pop.

"We need to tell him, Jake. Like... now," Nessa said, pushing Jake's hands off her waist and turning to face him.

Jake looked back at her, eyes fake-glaring, "You're such a party pooper."

"We're telling Mian tonight, Jake," Nessa looked at him with a face that said she was serious, but all Jake wanted to do was grab her by the hips and kiss her slowly in front of everyone.

Speak of the devil and you might accidentally summon him. As if on queue, Mian walks up from behind Jake, patting Jake on the shoulder.

"Don't worry, found out two months ago. It was nice to be considered though," Mian muttered sarcastically while walking past them.

Nessa whipped her head around to look at Mian as he continued to walk away, looking back at Jake with a glare.

Jake had his lips pressed into a line, holding in a laugh.

"That is not funny," Nessa hissed.

"I never said it was!" Jake replied, holding his hands out defensively.

Nessa smacked his chest and glared at him one last time before turning on her heels to jog after her brother.

"Mian!"

Mian stopped and turned around to his sister, "It's okay, Ness. Really."

Nessa stopped in front of him, looking up at him with guilty eyes, "It's not. I wanted to tell you."

Mian shook his head, "I'm not mom and dad, Li'Nessa. I understand that there are things you want to keep private."

Nessa looked down at her feet. Regardless of Mian's carefree attitude, Li'Nessa still wanted to be the one to tell him. To get to share with her brother that she finally found a good guy, the kind of guy she never thought would be within reach is now in her grasp.

It was good news. Her news.

And she didn't get to share it for the first time with her brother.

"If anything, I should be the one apologizing to you," Mian said, making Nessa look back up towards him.

"Apologizing to me?"

Mian nodded, "Ninat had a dream the night before we left the upper forest, about you meeting your mate here," Mian shrugged, "And when I met Jake, of course I knew it was gonna be him."

"You knew?" Nessa was dumbfounded.

"I knew," Mian replied.

"Oh..."