13.

November 24th

"N/N!" Krystal exclaimed as Y/N opened her front door. Behind her was Mikayla and Casey. Krystal engulfed Y/N in a hug, pushing her back a few steps and into the house. Y/N returned the hug, watching as Mikayla and Casey stepped inside from the gap that Krystal had made.

"Nice to see you too," Y/N chuckled. She pulled out of the embrace, so she could hug her other two friends. "Thank you for coming, guys."

"Duh," Mikayla giggled. "We haven't seen you in, like, a month!"

"Technically that was your fault," Casey pointed out. Mikayla huffed and placed her hands on her hips. "It was your idea for you and Krystal to go on a month-long vacation."

"Don't act like we didn't invite you!" Krystal playfully accused. "You were both busy."

Y/N raised her hand and entered the conversation. "In my defense, I think wanting to see my family is a perfectly valid reason to not go. In my opinion, at least."

"Okay, kiddos," A new voice entered their conversation. It was her father. "Let's move the fun into Y/N's room."

"Aw, it's just like when they were teenagers," Tiana reminisced. Casey, Y/N, Krystal, and Mikayla had been a group for what seemed like forever. Even, if it was only their teen years when it happened.

"Okay, let's go, guys," Y/N urged as she pushed her friends into the hallway. "It feels like we're disturbing the peace."

"Hello!" Audrey exclaimed, Y/N's 14-year-old, supposedly "boy-crazy", niece. She shook Mikayla's hand eagerly. "Your hair is so pretty."

"Oh, thank you," Mikayla smiled.

"Okay, moving on," Y/N was able to move her friends out of the way of her family and get them into the privacy of her bedroom.

Y/N closed and locked the door behind her. She let out an exasperated sigh before she turned to face her three friends. They had already began making themselves comfortable.

With Mikayla sprawled out on the left side of Y/N's bed, packing a bowl to the brim with a bag of weed that she had brought with her. Casey had positioned himself in the small chair that Y/N had next to her nightstand.

Finally, Krystal was sitting at Y/N's vanity watching from afar as Mikayla finished packing the bowl. Y/N lied down next to Mikayla on the bed and opened her mouth to speak. "I see someone's already getting comfortable."

"What?" Mikayla asked with a giggle. "I didn't smoke our entire flight."

"The flight was only five hours," Krystal pointed out. "Don't be so dramatic."

Mikayla raised the bowl to her mouth and lit it, taking a long hit from it once it was prepared. Mikayla let her head fall back onto the pillow, holding the smoke in her mouth for a few seconds before she blew it out.

"My turn!" Casey exclaimed. Mikayla handed it to him and he copied her previous action.

"Me, next!" Krystal said as she stood from the chair in front of the vanity and stood in front of Casey. Once he had finished she took it from him and also hit it.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Mikayla asked.

"Oh, right," Y/N snapped back to reality. She invited them over for a reason. A pretty devastating reason, in fact.

"You don't sound so thrilled..." Krystal pointed out, taking another hit from the bowl after finishing her sentence.

"Because, it isn't very thrilling news," Y/N explained. She sat up, removing herself from her comfortable sprawled out position, and instead, deciding to face her friends full on.