8.

Upon arriving home from the interviews, none of the family felt like talking about it. Or anything, for that matter. They all knew what happened and none of them wanted to add on to it. What else was there to say?

Y/N dropped her purse at the doorway and gave a weary smile to her sisters as they followed her into the kitchen. Valeria and Ella trailed behind her like lost puppies while Y/N did her best to ignore them as she made dinner.

Y/N shuffled through cabinets, unable to shake the obvious stares of her older sisters. She let out a sigh and turned to look at them. "What?"

"I don't know," Valeria answered with a shrug.

"I just wanted to see what you were doing," Ella said as she lazily leaned against the counter.

"I'm making dinner," Y/N informed. "What do you two want to eat? I can't decide. Steak or chicken?"

"Steak," Valeria and Ella said in unison. The two of them look at each other, then back at Y/N, before laughing at their own antics.

"I'm still not convinced that you two aren't twins," Y/N giggled as she opened the fridge and took out three packages of steak. "I hope we'll have enough."

"Hey, girls," Henry said as he appeared in the kitchen doorway to talk to his three daughters. "Your mom and I are heading to the store. Anything you three need?"

"Well, how convenient was that?" Ella asked with a laugh.

"Dad saving the day, as always," Valeria pointed out.

"Could you get us one or two more packages of steak for dinner?" Y/N asked. "Please?"

"Of course," Henry nodded, before walking out of view and calling to his wife. "Honey, I've got the keys!"

Y/N turned on the kitchen sink and washed her hands before she began working on the other parts of the dinner that didn't involve steak. Ella and Valeria watched in silence from behind.

They both wanted to ask. They both wanted to talk about the...incident. But, not with the rest of their family. They wanted to talk about it with Y/N.

They just felt a pull. They needed to talk to her about it. They needed to tell her what they heard. But, they didn't know how to start the conversation. How do you start something like that?

Valeria decided to go with, "So, today, huh?"

Y/N tensed up and mentally cursed herself. Of course, they didn't just want to hang out with her. They wanted to talk about it.

"Yeah..." Y/N didn't want to encourage the conversation. She didn't bother looking at them or entertaining the idea that she was remotely interested in upholding the topic at hand.

"How are you taking it?" Ella asked, placing a comforting hand on Y/N's shoulder.

Y/N bit her lip and tried to hide her frustration. "Not all that great. Just like everyone else."

"You seemed pretty shaken up when you left the interrogation room," Valeria said. "Did something happen?"

"Look, why does it matter?" Y/N asked. "I mean, with all due respect, my feelings in this whole ordeal are the least important out of everyones. If you want someone to check up on, you should look into Thalia, Jeannette, and Elena."

Ella and Valeria exchanged looks. "Y/N-"

"Why are you pestering me about this?" Y/N asked.