23.

December 2nd

"M-Mary!" Y/N exclaimed. "I need you!"

Mary abruptly sat up in Y/N's bed and turned her head in the direction of the bathroom door where Y/N had called her from. Pawsley jumped off of Mary's lap, the quick movement startling him out of his cozy slumber. He meowed in annoyance before jumping off of the bed and picking a new resting spot on top of Y/N's vanity.

Mary immediately stood to her feet and walked towards the white door that lead to Y/N's bathroom. She placed her hand on the wood and knocked gently. "Y/N? Are you decent?"

"I-" There was a pause followed by some rustling before Mary heard Y/N's voice again. "Yes...please, hurry!"

Mary opened the bathroom door and was startled by the sight in front of her. Y/N was crouched in the corner of her bathtub, a towel messily strung over her torso and her lower areas. Little droplets of water were sprinkled across the exposed parts of her skin and her body shook as she tried to steady her breathing.

Mary knelt in front of the tub, grasping Y/N's face in her hands as she searched her eyes for an explanation. Y/N's pupils had shrunk smaller in her state of fear, further enhancing her new mint eye color. "Y/N," Mary spoke. "Dearest, look at me. In my eyes...I've got you." Y/N's eyes made contact with Mary's as they glazed over and a tear slipped down Y/N's cheek. "Tell me what happened. I'll help you, whatever it is."

"I messed up, again," Y/N spoke, her words almost inconceivable due to the volume of her voice.

"More words, dear," Mary urged. "Please, I need more to work with." Mary's thumb glided across Y/N's puffy cheeks, wiping away the warm particles of water and the lone tear.

"Mary..." Y/N whispered as she placed her cold hand over Mary's and removed it from her cheek. She guided Mary's warm hand towards her own before revealing the problem. A long, red burn mark was present on Y/N's left arm. Starting at the tip of her pointer finger and traveling all the way down her forearm and stopping at the crease of her elbow.

"Darling..." Mary spoke as she inspected the injury. "What did you do?"

"I didn't mean too," Y/N immediately denied with a frantic shake of her head. Swallowing the lump in her throat, she slowly looked up with Mary following her gaze. That's when Mary finally saw it.

The showerhead was just barely hanging on to the wall with the cord swinging back and forth as it tried to hold up the weight. It was busted and had steam forming above it that gathered in the bathroom and made it harder to see.

"Mary...it was an accident," Y/N whimpered, pulling her towel closer to her body as she hide her face in shame.

Mary delicately caressed Y/N's wet hair as she whispered sweet nothings to her. "Y/N...it's not your fault."

"I electrocuted myself..." Y/N murmured.

***

"I have to take a shower," Y/N announced. She walked towards her closet and picked out her outfit before turning to Mary and holding the clothing out in front of her. "What do you think?"

Mary tilted her head with a smile before nodding. "I like it."

"Good," Y/N said as she grabbed a towel that was resting on a shelf at the top of her closet. "Because I was going to wear it, anyway."

Mary couldn't help but laugh at Y/N's antics and she found herself admiring her from her spot on the bed. Y/N walked back and forth around her room as she collected different items that she would need. Despite the simplicity of the task, Mary found herself completely smitten over the way she carried it out.