21.

November 30th

Y/N stared up at the ceiling of her bedroom not wanting to get up and start the day. She knew she needed too, but part of her felt like it would be an awful day. Not too mention she had to go to work.

Y/N sluggishly pushed her blanket off of her and walked into the bathroom that was connected to her bedroom. Looking into her mirror, Y/N grew confused. Her eyes were no longer purple, instead they were a lighter version of her original eye color.

"What the..." Y/N trailed off, gazing into the mirror for a few seconds before deciding to get ready. She grabbed her toothbrush and began brushing her teeth, slightly zoning out as she did so.

She wondered what was happening to her. She wondered why it was happening to her, as well. Was it normal? Had other people experienced it? If she looked it up would she get a solid answer?

After getting ready, she hoisted herself onto her sink counter and pulled out her phone. She immediately went into her search bar and typed 'why are my eyes changing color?'

She huffed when the results appeared and she saw that Google thought she was talking about a video game. She clicked on the search bar again and reworded her question. 'What does it mean if your eyes are changing color in real life?'

One information box appeared. She read through it carefully. "The factors that can cause eyes to change color - or appear to have different colors - include genes, diseases, medications, and trauma,". She frowned. That didn't seem right.

None of her family had ever mentioned their eyes randomly changing, so it couldn't be genetics. Y/N didn't have any diseases - that she was aware of - so, that was another no. The only medication she had was her allergy pills which she hadn't taken for quite a few years. Trauma... it sounded plausible. Her life had been quite trauma-filled over the past few days, but was that enough to change her eyes to purple? Was anything enough to make her eyes such a vibrant lavender? And, then change them to a lighter version of her own eye color the very next day?

Y/N groaned and placed her phone behind her on the counter before slumping and letting her hands fall into her lap. She felt herself grow frustrated. This didn't make sense. Why couldn't she find an answer? She felt her teeth grind together as her palms twitched.

That's when it happened.

She felt a burning sensation in her left palm and as she looked down she saw a bright orb forming within it. Her eyes went wide and she immediately tried swatting away the globe of flashing light. This only worsened the outcome. The ball of light flew forward and hit her bathroom wall before falling to the ground and fizzling out into nothing, as if it hadn't happened, but she knew it had.

She knew it did because of the small hole it had created. It was around the size of a marble, with cracks forming around the spot. Y/N gulped as her breathing picked up. What the fuck? This was freaky.

Everything else she could at least deal with or try to hide. Her increase in all of her negative traits were easily dismissible. The change in her eyes could be passed off as contacts. But, how on earth would she explain fucking light orbs shooting from her hands?

Y/N got off of the counter and stepped towards the new hole in her wall. Reaching out, she traced the cracks with her pointer finger before quickly retracting her hand and shaking it off as if she had contracted germs from it. Y/N let out a shaky breath before gripping the sides of her face and panicking.

"O-Oh my God!" Y/N exclaimed. She backed away from the hole, her lower back hitting the edge of the counter and creating a sharp pain. She hissed and silently cursed herself. "Shit!" Y/N's hands shook and she struggled to swallow the lump in her throat. "Am I fucking crazy?"