14.

November 24th...evening

Once Mary had gotten to the workshop, she did her best to not cause much attention to herself. She slipped passed the elves with ease, they were too busy working to even notice her. It made sense, Christmas was in a month.

But, it wasn't the elves that she wanted to avoid, it was Santa. She silently passed by his office and ran the rest of the way to her bedroom. She opened her door, closing it behind her, before turning and freezing in her tracks.

"Where have you been?" Santa asked. He was stood in front of her bed, his arms crossed and an eyebrow raised.

"Since when is that your business?" Mary retorted. Santa glared causing Mary to roll her eyes. "But, if you must know...I was with Tooth Fairy."

Santa scoffed. "That's a bold-faced lie."

"Do you have proof?"

"Quite a lot, actually," Santa stated. Mary's cocky attitude fizzled a little. What type of proof could he have? "For one. Tooth has been here the entire time."

Mary looked around and caught sight of a little fairy off in the corner. She flew over to Mary with an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, Mary! I was just so worried when I heard you were missing, so I came over as quick as I could!"

Mary sighed. "It's fine. Tooth. I know you didn't mean any harm."

"You were with Y/N," Santa accused.

"No-" Mary began to deny. Santa reached into his pocket and pulled out the snow globe. Mary cursed herself mentally. She should've brought that with her. "Fine. You caught me."

"Y/N?" Tooth asked. "Which one?"

"Y/N L/N," Mary answered.

"Oh! Oh!" Tooth exclaimed in glee. "She has the most lovely teeth! No cavity's or anything!"

"Tooth, could you excuse us for a moment, please?" Santa asked. Tooth tilted her head to the side in confusion, not catching on to the social cues that Santa was giving her.

"Oh...okay," Tooth agreed. Mary opened the bedroom door for her because she was too small to be able to do it herself.

Mary turned to face Santa once the door was closed again. There was a silence between the two of them, neither really knowing where to start off the awkward conversation. Mary didn't know how much Santa had seen. So, she needed to be careful with her word choice if she didn't want to reveal something that he had no idea about.

Santa hadn't seen much. He'd seen the confrontation with the gifts and he stopped watching once Mary had thrown Y/N over her shoulder. But, he learned everything he felt that he needed to know about the situation.

"Well, aren't you going to lecture me?" Mary asked in annoyance. "Just get it over with so I can go to sleep."

"Mary, we have to talk about this," Santa stated calmly. He decided that the best way to approach this would be with understanding and calming tones. He couldn't start yelling or freaking out on her. That wouldn't solve anything, especially not with Mary.

"I don't have to do anything," Mary said.

"I can take this to the council," Santa threatened.

Mary froze. "The council?" Her eyes went wide and an uneasy feeling washed over her. "You wouldn't."

"Don't tempt me," Santa responded. "I can get this to the higher up's within an hour. You know I have connections."

Mary began to panic, but she made sure to keep it hidden. The Council. They were an elite group of legendary figures who ruled over the rest of them. The Council consisted of Mother Nature, Father Time, Sandman, Boogeyman, and Jack Frost. Jack was the newest and youngest member. Plus, he didn't count when it came to final decisions because he was still in training.