20.

November 29th

"Andrew..." Leah began. The two of them stood in the break room, drinking coffee as Leah desperately tried to persuade her stubborn police partner. "We have to face facts. You need to face facts."

"It's one little DNA test," Andrew stated.

"It proves that she didn't kill Irene," Leah explained. "The DNA found at the crime was not a match to Y/N's. I think it's time you quit being so hard on her! And, an apology would be great."

Andrew scoffed and sipped his black coffee. "The DNA proves she didn't kill Irene. It doesn't prove anything else. She could still be involved with the death of JB and Raven. It's possible that she was involved in Ezekiel's disappearance too."

Leah looked at him with disbelief before massaging her temple with her fore finger and her thumb. "You can't actually believe that. Have we been talking to the same Y/N this whole time? Because- from what I've seen- she is innocent."

"JB and Raven-"

"Haven't even had their causes of death determined," Leah cut him off. "As far as everyone is aware, it was a car accident. That's what it looks like too, it's what its always been."

Andrew stayed silent. He didn't want to agree with Leah, even though what she was saying was true. He had singled Y/N out since the beginning. He knew something wasn't right. There had to be foul play. If not with Ezekiel, then it had to be with JB and Raven. He only wanted justice for them. He was doing it in all the wrong ways, but that's all he really wanted.

"Drew...I'm sorry," Leah apologized. "But, if you really do think they were murdered, we have to look into somebody other than Y/N. We won't find anything by unfairly accusing her."

"Can you call her up here?" Andrew asked.

"Andrew-"

"I won't... be rude," Andrew said. "We have to tell her it came back negative, don't we?"

"I suppose, we do," Leah nodded. "We're busy until tonight. We'll have to wait to call."

"That's fine by me."

***

"Good morning, Y/N," Ezekiel greeted as the young adult opened her bedroom door. She had just woken up and she was quite shocked to see her teenage nephew waiting for her. She thought he'd be asleep, it was 6 in the morning, after all.

"Oh, good morning," Y/N said as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. "Why are you up? Is everything all right?"

"I...I wanted to talk to you. In private," Ezekiel said. "I didn't want everyone else to hear."

Y/N was slightly shocked. "O-Of course...come in." Y/N moved to the side and let Ezekiel into her bedroom. He awkwardly sat at the end of the bed and she took her place on top of her pillow. "What's going on?"

"I'm ready to talk about it,"

Y/N's breathing hitched, she knew what he meant. She nodded for him to continue. "Y-Yes. Go on. I'm listening."

Ezekiel avoided eye contact. "I started thinking about doing it two days after Great-Uncle JB died. But...I wasn't sure. I didn't want to hurt anyone." He gnawed at his bottom lip. "Then, I just did it. I climbed out of the window in the middle of the night and just started walking. I didn't know where to go, I just didn't want to come back. I didn't want to deal with it."

Ezekiel began to fidget with Y/N's comforter, unsure of what to do with his hands during the difficult conversation. "I ended up camping out in the woods. After the first day, I realized that I couldn't make it out in the world alone. I had no food, barely any water. No shelter. I'm sure if I stayed out there any longer, I would've died. I-I wanted to come home right then. But, in the back of my head, a voice was telling me that you guys wouldn't want me to come back."