𝟑𝟗.

Tough times a comin'

Sofia

For the 5th time today, my mom knocked on my door, trying to get me to eat something.

"Baby, I know it's hard but you need to eat something!" My sweet mom says through the door, I wish I had the appetite.

Everyone's tried something, Leilah tried to play video games, go on walks, my dad tried to take me to the mall and get me whatever I liked, my mom made all my favorite foods and talked to me when I needed someone to talk to, my brother tried to get me to play basket ball with him..

Isaac.. he's been on my back since this started, he's always around and when he's not, he'll text me just to make sure I'm not doing anything stupid. It's funny to be honest.

And as much as I appreciated everything they were doing for me, I just wasn't in the mood anymore. It's makes it worse because I haven't heard from him in 3 weeks while Leilah has been on call with him 24/7.

I guess we know who he prioritizes. "I'm not hungry mom." I croaked out. I could visibly see her sigh in my head outside the door. "Well, Isaac is here to see you." Great.

The door opened and I freaked my head up a little to see him. "Hey sugar pop." He used the nickname he always called me, then closed the door behind him.

"What happened to you?" I tiredly asked as I sat up a little. "Oh, I uh- got a haircut, got contacts and it was time to take off my braces. See?" He smiled widely, showing me his bracelets teeth, it made me crack a small smile.

But it was weird, Isaac looked less like.. how do I say this without sounding mean, a nerd. He looked more like..

"Hey, you still thinking about klaus?"

I snapped out of it and blinked 3 times, just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. "I wish I could stop."

"You liked him." Isaac placed his hand over mine. "It's normal." I laughed ironically. "I didn't just like him." He titled his head, a habit he would always do when he was confused.

"I don't know what I felt for him, but it wasn't just some silly crush, it was more than that, I-"

"Hey." He interrupted me mid sentence. "You wanna go see a movie? Like just the two of us." At first I was completely confused as to why he was saying 'just the two of us' but the look on his indicates something else.

"Isaac."

"Yeah?"

"Why are you asking me out whilst I'm talking about liking another guy?" He shrugged and took his hand off of mine. "Could distract you from him, I mean you don't know if you'll see him again." He has a point, and if I want to move on from him, this could be a good start.

"Fine."

"What? You're saying yes?" His eyes immediately lit up and I won't lie and say it didn't amuse me, one of the many joys I had in this world was seeing him happy. "Yeah." I nod.

"Cool, Let's go then!" He abruptly stood up. "Wait- wha- now? I'm still in my pajamas." Isaac looked around before walking over to my closet and opening my closet wide, he's comfortable here, alright?