Chapter 13

Karishma couldn't comprehend whether Yogita was more excited about her brother's marriage or that he was marrying Haseena. Even Amar was confused by Yogita's unhealthy obsession with Haseena. Whereas, his father's affection toward Haseena irked Amar.

"Haseena, look at this, this will look good on you!" Yogita chirped and enthusiastically put on the necklace on Haseena's neck.

Haseena looked at herself in the mirror and gave a tired smile, "Choose whatever you want." Haseena took a heavy breath tired of trying jewellery and clothes one after another.

"How can she choose, it's your wedding! Choose yourself, child." Amar's father sweetly made a request.

...

Flashback...

That day when Yogita met Haseena's mother,

"Oh, hello, ma'am, when did you come back?" Yogita greeted Noorjahan and inquired after her sudden comeback.

"When have I been gone to come back?" The woman asked stunned at her inquiry.

"What are you saying? Haseena told me you were out of town." Yogita spoke with a confused frown.

"Haseena?!" Mrs Mallik as well scrunched up her brows.

And before the situation could go worse, Amar spotted the two ladies together and jumped in mid of the conversation,

"Amar, what is this?! She was here all the time and you lied to us again!" Yogita scolded Amar.

And before he could do anything the damage was already done.

"Never in my dreams had I imagined, our kids could do such a thing!" Exclaimed Mrs Noorjahan Mallik once she was taken to Haseena, "Have I ever denied you for anything, Haseena?! I anyways wanted you to get married. And Amar was just the perfect guy for you. But you never liked him otherwise I would've talked to his family itself!" The mother pulled an ear of her daughter.

"Ouch! Ammi...!" Cried, Haseena.

"You brat! What was the need of getting married without even telling me?! For what were you so much in a hurry?!" Mrs Mallik scolded Haseena.

"Ammi! Ammi! It's paining... Ah!" Haseena cried again when Mr Vidrohi interrupted,

"Leave her! Please, Mrs Mallik, she's my daughter now! And if you have to scold then scold Amar. I'm sure he forced her to do it." Amar didn't like how his father was taking Haseena's side.

"You don't know what a brat this girl is! She's a real mischief. She always does things to annoy me..." She once again pulled the ear of her daughter.

"Ah! Ammi..." Haseena winced once again.

"You leave her, please!" Mr Vidrohi exclaimed, "I'm telling you, it must be Amar's idea!"

"Dad... Why are you blaming me?! We did this together!" Amar whined.

"Oh, really? Mr Amar Vidrohi!" Exclaimed Haseena taking everyone by surprise.

Haseena's mother slapped a hand on her arm making her wince yet again, "And what were you doing when he was marrying you?" Haseena was left tongue-tied.

"Answer now, Haseena!" Chided Amar earning a dirty glare from Haseena.

"Will you guys stop fighting?" Yogita yelled, "This is my house, not some battleground! And Dad, Mrs Mallik, both Haseena and Amar are equally responsible for what they did. They did it together! And now we're here to fix what they did not fight. Let us fix a date and get them married in front of our eyes." Both Haseena and Amar stared at each other with widened eyes.

...

In the next three days, the date of Amar and Haseena's marriage was fixed. It was decided that the official marriage would take place the next week.

At present,

Haseena couldn't take this anymore. The wedding preps, going shopping, running from one shop to another, especially acting lovey-dovey with Amar. They had to make themselves appear like a couple at least until they tell the truth to everyone. Putting on their best smiles, they pretended as in love as they could.

Holding hands while roaming around. Smiling at each other for no reason at all. Locking arms with Amar. Haseena tried her best to not lose her patience. Whereas, Amar was as irritated as Haseena. He felt suffocated in the big air-conditioned shopping mall. Not because he had to pretend to be coupled with Haseena but realizing how high his family's expectations were of his marriage. And that scared him more for he didn't even want to imagine what would they do to him once they come to know all of it was a lie.

The only good thing that happened in the past three days was, all the allegations against Haseena were proven wrong. In a fast trial at the local judiciary court, Haseena Mallik was declared not guilty and the real culprits behind the whole scam were caught,

Another Flashback...

Just as Karishma mentioned in the phone call, Karishma reached a certain place, at a sharp five o clock the next day. Where Haseena waited for her. It was all pre-planned to reach the person who had planned the whole situation against Haseena.

Though, they knew the name of the person who had paid that tattoed guy to plant the weapons. Yet they needed proper evidence to prove it in court. Whereas, Amar had already applied for a fast trial as he was pretty sure of getting to the real culprit behind all this and it turned out to be easier than thought.

While the investigation team had other plans. They wanted to catch Haseena Mallik on the spot when she'll meet Karishma Singh. But the real culprit did not want Haseena to reach the police or anyone else after knowing she had somehow figured out who was behind framing her and even had evidence against him. And she won't hesitate to show the evidence to the investigation team. Hence, they planned to get Haseena kidnapped before anyone else could reach her.

That's what they did. Just the thing was the person they had abducted wasn't Haseena but the colorful-haired guy, Ikbaal in Haseena's form.

The plan was a piece of Karishma's mind. Added with lots of efforts of Amar Vidrohi. The whole incident have been recorded in a spy cam hidden in the clothes that Ikbaal had worn to look like Haseena. All the time the people who kidnapped Ikbaal thought it was Haseena and blurted out all their intentions and attempts to defame Haseena. Whereas, a backup team were at their back and they didn't even notice it.

The head of the investigation team, Anuj Dave was a straight-A corrupt officer. A set up by MLA Vidyut Panday, another corrupt politician whose illegal business of weapon smuggling was endangered by Haseena. She even got his niece (Misri Panday) arrested for being corrupt. And was hovering above his head like a ticking time bomb which could completely wipe him off from the world anytime.

Before she could do that, MLA Vidyut Panday wanted her gone, forever. Thus, planned to frame her.

His initial plan was to abduct her after the weapons would be summoned from her house by the officials so that it would look like she ran away for she got caught. However, Haseena only helped him execute his plan without even having to take further trouble. She only made things worst for herself by shooting at Karishma.

Luckily, Karishma got saved from getting entangled in all this. And that was the only relief to Haseena. For Haseena knew she was the only person who trusted her even though she'd hurt her. Haseena knew Karishma would understand and put all her might to prove her innocence and so she did.

...

Thanks for reading 💕💕