Chapter 36

Amar had come to Bunty's school to pick him up for Bunty was coming back from the school trip. The bus was late. It was about to arrive around 3 but it was now 3:47 pm and the bus still did not arrive.

However, five minutes later the bus arrived. Bunty was sitting in the first row. As soon as the bus stopped Bunty jumped off and ran to his father. The kid enthusiastically wrapped his arms around his father when Amar picked him up. Both shared an adorable greeting.

That is when Amar's phone went off. Amar put Bunty down to answer the call.

"Yes?" Amar's face tensed at the information he received on the phone.

Luckily, Mr Diwan has been with him all the time. Leaving Bunty with Mr Diwan, without any further delays, Amar rushed to his car.

...

Haseena went inside the bank without any weapon or security. A female member of the robbers checked her through if she carried any weapon.

Haseena was not wearing the uniform. She wore a civil dress and only carried a briefcase filled with medical supplements and a stethoscope for she tricked the robbers into believing that she was a doctor. Her team had a pact with the robbers that some medical help would be sent to the injured people and the robbers had to agree because the police team confirmed of they would fulfil David's demands.

Whereas, Haseena took advantage and went in along with two other doctors.

Her mother watched her the moment Haseena entered and understood Haseena had something in her mind. And quietly played along.

While Haseena was busy executing her plan, Amar recklessly arrived at the control room outside the bank.

"Karishma Singh, why did you let her go alone?!" Amar yelled at Karishma.

"Sir, she wouldn't listen to any of us," said Santosh, "We tried our best to stop her. Karishma Ma'am even argued to go with her but she ordered all of us to not follow her."

"What kind of foolishness is this!" Amar exclaimed, "Thanks, Cheeta for calling me. Karishma Singh anyway doesn't trust me with my wife's security." Amar taunted for Karishma could've called him but she didn't.

Karishma couldn't think of what to do and what to not. And at that time Amar completely slipped out of her mind. She now thought she could just call Amar and asked him to stop Haseena from going in alone. Amar could've stopped Haseena from taking the hasty foolish step. Now the harm was already done.

None of them can go in as neither the higher authority nor the situation was helpful. But they had to do something. Amar couldn't let his wife be in there completely unarmed among those robbers who had guns with them. By any chance, if they got to know Haseena was the police they wouldn't take a moment to kill her.

Amar furiously rubbed a hand on his head, clutching onto his hair, trying to think of any way to bring his wife out of the danger.

Nothing would happen to her. She's a police officer she knows how to handle such situations. Amar consoled himself. But no consolation would do any help. Right now, all he needs is to be assured that his wife was alright.

After having a heated discussion with the DSP and other higher-ranked officers, Amar was allowed to look at the CCTV footage. Therefore, Amar observed the situation very well through the live surveillance footage.

"Had the kidnappers called after Haseena was gone?" Amar asked the recruits who were assigned to handle the phone calls between the police and the robbers. And got an answer of no.

Adding to his anxiety, the behaviour of the robbers felt suspicious. Amar noticed they would often receive phone calls. Though he couldn't tell who could be calling them. But why would some robbers receive frequent phone calls during such a huge robbery?