Chapter 29

"Let's go on a date!"

Amar thought he was dreaming. Turning his back to Haseena, he slapped himself, Stop daydreaming! She was just being nice to you and that doesn't mean she would ask you out. So stop giving yourself false hopes! He berated himself.

"Amar!" Haseena exclaimed.

"Huh?" Amar turned and looked at her wide-eyed.

"I booked us a table... We can take Bunty along." Amar couldn't believe his ears, "If you don't want to go it is fine." Haseena nervously smiled.

"Are you really asking me out?!" Amar gasped his eyes still widened.

"Yes..." Haseena said tilting her head a little to the right.

"You really wanna go out with me?!" Amar exclaimed.

"Yes..." Her cheeks reddened.

...

"So... Ms Haseena's thinking about working her marriage?" Anirudh Singh asked his wife.

"Yes," Karishma confirmed wearily.

"I see..." said Anirudh, "What do you think? Is this going to work out?"

"Work out?!" Karishma exclaimed, "It is hard to even imagine those two sitting around for a while without arguing."

"They didn't look that bad when I saw them last time."

"Last time you saw them was at their reception party." Karishma reasoned, "I'm damn sure they had a huge argument later that night. Madamsir had told me how Amar had dropped her onto the floor. She was having back pain throughout the whole day."

Before Anirudh could make another comment, they heard the doorbell.

"Umm... Hi!" Haseena greeted when Karishma stepped out of her room to see who had come.

"Madamsir, you're looking ravishing." blurted Pushpa Singh.

"Thank you," Haseena mumbled.

Karishma couldn't take her eyes off her boss who looked breathtaking in a simple peach-coloured saree.

"Madamsir...?" Karishma uttered.

"We were here to drop Bunty off," said Haseena.

"Bunty...?"

"Hi, Aunty!" Bunty exclaimed rushing in with his bag, "Hope you don't have a problem with me staying over tonight. Actually, my Mummy and Papa are going on a date tonight."

"Bunty!" Amar called down his son, "Sorry, for troubling you at the last moment. But Haseena suddenly came up with the plan." Amar grinned at his beautiful wife. While Karishma gave him a side-eye.

"No worries, sir. Bunty had already informed me." Pushpa Singh announced.

Amar and Haseena had planned on taking him along but Bunty insisted they go alone. Bunty himself dialled Pushpa's number and asked her if he could stay over at their place for the night. His parents were compelled to admit to his persistence.

"I promise I won't trouble." said Bunty then called Haseena closer, "Papa can't eat spicy food. Will you please take care of that? And yes, treat him with some ice cream, he won't tell you but he likes it." He whispered to Haseena.

Haseena returned a smile and showed him thumbs up. It was Bunty who had earlier told her that Chole-Bhature were Amar's favourites.

"You don't worry, sir and Madamsir, we will take good care of Bunty." Pushpa Singh assured Amar and Haseena.