Chapter 26

The next day was Thursday. After finishing all her tasks Karishma left home with her mother-in-law. As usual, Cheeta had to stay for the night duty. Santosh left after performing a last salute to Haseena. When Amar was set to leave he went to Haseena's cabin to see if she was done with her work.

For some reason, Haseena nervously sat on her chair fidgeting with her fingers, tapping her feet on the floor. Amar couldn't think of anything. He went to her and then kept a hand on her shoulder.

"What happened?" Amar spoke to which Haseena got a little startled.

"No. Nothing." Haseena replied. But Amar could see she was bothered about something. But before Amar could confront her she spoke, "Let's leave." Haseena stood up and rushed to the car.

Even in the car, whenever Amar tried to converse, Haseena would change the topic and talk about anything but what was bothering her.

When they reached home, it wasn't as lively as it was since Haseena first came to the house. And that is because Amar's family left for Delhi today morning itself. Yogita was a chief scientist at a well-known research centre and had come to visit Amar only because she got a small break. Now that it was time for her vacation to be over, she had to return.

Amar's father is a retired army officer. Though he didn't have anything to do in Delhi, Seema had her exams coming up. Thus, they had to leave as well. Leaving Amar and Haseena all alone with Bunty.

Amar's house wasn't very big. It was a decent two-storied house with four bedrooms. In the beginning, Amar lived in the government quarters but when he was to marry Haseena, he had to rent a house. And once again Yogita's husband came to his rescue and got him this house.

Ever since she was married to Amar, Haseena couldn't sink into the situation. This house didn't feel like home to her. She at least felt comfortable when his family was here. But now, Haseena didn't even want to step into that house.

Whereas, Amar tried and failed to understand her inner conflict. The more she wanted to deal with it like an adult the more she would think childishly. For her, everything was just happening too fast. She wasn't even willing to get married just a few weeks ago. And now she's married to a man, she didn't even what his favourite colour is.

Meanwhile, now he's suddenly her husband and she'll have to live with him alone in this house. The only thing that could comfort her was the sight of Bunty's cheerful smile. She couldn't believe how she got attached to the kid in around mere ten days. But the kid loved her more. For Haseena was funny, she'd play silly games with him, she had pretty cool stories to tell and she would treat him with ice cream without letting Amar know.

After getting freshened up Haseena sat with the kid for a good time and had a fun banter. The two were playing and giggling when Amar saw them from afar. A huge smile graced his lips seeing the two having their happy time. Amar was glad that Haseena was quite getting along with Bunty.

But unfortunately, this isn't going to last long... Amar heard his inner voice. And his face fell at the realization that might be true.

"Guys, the food is ready!" Amar called for the kids.

Well, Amar had never thought of her like this before. But after seeing her with Bunty, he preferred Haseena as a kid too.

"Eww... bottle gourd!" Haseena and Bunty exclaimed in unison.

"What?" said Amar, "It's good for health."

"Who eats this?!" Haseena made a weird face.

"Haseena, now if you'd behave like kids what would Bunty do!"