| 001 |

I watch the rain fall onto the window, the drops of water racing down the glass.

I drown out the voice of Mr. Arch talking in the background. Something about the future and why we should appreciate it.

I'm in high school, but the only difference is that we stay here. We have dorms and everything but in high school.

Some people stay, some don't. Normally the people who stay are the ones who aren't allowed home. Like me in this case.

I was sent away to Florida after doing some illegal things back in England.

It wasn't serious. I'm not a bad kid or anything. I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

My parents are wealthy. Owning a total of five homes. Our main home, and four vacation homes.

Our main home is in England, and then in Italy, Montreal, New York, and Greece.

Once I started getting into drugs and alcohol, I told my parents I was fine but then I was arrested.

I said I'd be better.

But my parents, more my father, called bullshit and sent me away to straighten up. I did, of course, I'm not a complete loser who has no friends.

When I say I have friends I mean maybe one or two. Nothing special.

The other people I hang out with are more Punz's friends than mine. I don't consider them as friends.

More like acquaintances who will talk to me.

My parents sent me away a year or two after my older sister moved to Florida to be a teacher. So she started working at the school I go to.

She's the only family I have in America.

She's the only one who contacts me other than Hero and Charlie, our younger siblings who are also twins.

My dad was an abusive alcoholic who always came home from work with a big mouth and something to say. That's if he came home at least.

My mother, on the other hand, was quiet and didn't have much to say. He would hit her and yell if she didn't obey his rules.

I hated him and I still do. I hate her too, but love her all at the same time. I envy my parents.

I rebelled against them and didn't want to do what I was born to do. My father wanted me to run his business.

I said no and did what I wanted to do.

"That is why we all should focus on the future more than being stuck in the past all the time," Mr Arch says, "isn't that right George?"

I turn my head, bringing my eyes to Mr Arch.

"Sure," I mumble.

I look up at the clock.

12:00 pm

The bell rings, and everyone disperses from their desks and out of the room.

I leave the class, bringing my bag to my shoulder as I carry my book in my arms.

I weave my way through the bodies of teenagers, trying not to be squished between lockers as I walk through the halls.

Soon enough it gets less crowded, and I head toward the cafeteria.

I walk through the big blue doors, before walking over to the fairly large table where we all sit.

My best friend Punz has a tone of friends, and I just sort of tag along.