Season 1: Episode 5

Naomi's pov:

"This is disgusting" Kiara groans, looking herself up and down in the mirror.

"It's not even bad Kie it looks  nice on you!" I tell her.

"I know it's just horrible. I'm asking you to relax and go to a fun party." Anna tells the girl pacing round the room and sorting things out. I sit down on the edge of Kiara's bed gently. 

"I look like a bourgeoisie pig" she states turning round to face her mum.

"Kiara you look nice" I reassure her.

"Exactly, listen to your friend" the woman tells her daughter.

"Mom, people not three miles from here have no power and no running water, and we're going to midsummers. That's so tone-death" she complains walking up to Anna.

"Do you know how hard we had to work to get into the island club?" Anna asks.

"Yeah mom how could I forget you had to grovel for like ten years-"

I zone out whilst the persistent slight arguing and complaining carries on for another ten minutes, and soon enough were in the car on the way to midsummers. Fucking finally.

We climb out the car, holding our dresses up so they don't flap up. The club is big. Like big, big and as we enter the building and into the outside the place is beautiful.

Decorated with multicoloured flowers shades of pastel pink and ruby red. Small fairy lights hanging from tree to tree and people dressed in long flowy dresses, pastel coloured tuxes.

The smell of Heyward's oysters fill my nose, making my stomach rumble loudly. I look over to were the smell is coming from to see Pope on the BBQ, cooking and flipping them around.

"Hey come on Popes over there, lets go see him" I tell Kiara, grabbing her arm softly and leading her over towards the concentrated boy..

"Excuse me sir, do we have to shuck these ourselves?" Kiara asks him a funny enough and bad enough English accent. I hold back my laugh.

The boy sighs frustrated turning round to meet mine and Kie's eyes. 

"Cause it might mess up my costume" I laugh in the same bad British accent as Kie did.

We all chuckle . "We wouldn't want that now would we ?" Pope laughs, handshaking us.

"That accent was bad" he tells us.

"Oh trust me we know" I laugh.

They both laugh with me as all three of us stare out into the distance. 

"You ever seen this many kooks in one place?" Kiara sighs.

"Yeah, last year" Pope tells us.

"Were in the lions den"

"We sure are" I agree.

And just like that the noise of clapping comes out of no where. We swivel our heads round to be met with the Cameron's. Ward and Rose at the front, arm in arm. Ward in some boring navy suite whilst Rose in some extravagant purple dress with some sort of spiky head piece.