Season 1: Episode 4

3rd person pov:

John B walks through his door to be met with the sound of his social workers voice speaking "Hey buddy". He squints his eyes and looks round his shoulder to be met with his twin sister sat in the arm chair, one leg slinked over the other and  his social worker on the sofa staring at him with no emotion. The boy sighs walking over the the kitchen. "You know, Cheryl, its' kind of a bad time for a check-in." he tells her taking his backpack off.

"It's not a check in. There here to take us" his solemn sister sighs

"Today, really?" he sighs sitting down in a stool.

"It's just a few weeks until your hearing." the woman tells him.

"No, no, no. Cheryl look, we're not going into foster care, okay? We're not gonna go be apart of your little system" he tells her. The sound of a radio suddenly beeping revealing a tall cop, staring down at the boy from behind.

"John B, this is deputy Thomas" the woman says. The boy stands up staring him down and wondering over towards his sister sort of to protect her.

"Ah it's no neck, hi no neck!" Naomi retorts receiving a glare from the man and a laugh from her brother. 

"Naomi, what did we say about being aggressive?" the woman reminds the girl.

"Since when am I aggressive" she snorts

"Yeah how was she being aggressive huh?" her brother sticks up for her.

"Just now. Anyway Deputy Thomas works with juveniles for the sheriffs department. Look I know Uncle T is down in Mississippi working at a casino. He hasn't been here in months."

"What?"  the girls brother scoffs getting ready to run and grabbing his sisters arm. She shoves him off and says "I've already tried that, didn't work"

He runs his hand through his hair, pacing about the room muttering "No, see, that's my nightmare right there. Look we want emancipation"  John B demands.

"Emancipation from who? There's nobody here except for you and your sister"

"Uh- asylum then?" he spits

"On what grounds?" she scoffs.

"On- on solid grounds, on holy grounds" he says his eyes filling with anger.

"John B-" Naomi stutters standing up and trying to stop him.

"Look, I feel real- real prosecuted right now by you and -"

"No neck" the girl reminds him as they look over at him giggling slightly.

The man gives the girl a stare raising his brows. "What are you lookin at bro? What're you gonna do? You gonna tase me?" she asks before her brother tries to run again but again gets stopped.

"John!" his sister shouts

"Oh you wanna dance huh?" the deputy smirks 

Naomi watches as her stupid brother tries to get past the officer but of course it's not use and the tall man grabs him by the neck holding him down aggressively.