[ GN!Reader ] ➜ Snow On The Luofu

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

                            - Since it does not snow on the Luofu, Yanqing sees snow for the first time and forces you to play in it

                              ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
                                    ┊ ┊ ︎✧
                                    ┊ ┊ ✯
                                    ┊ . ˚ ˚✩

"WOOHOO—!"

You lurched aside as your companion soared to the ground, his feet positioned upon the blade of a sword. He landed neatly upon his own two feet, his swords returning to their sheaths along his back and hip. The swordsman spun about on his heels, snowflakes dancing to the ground of white around him. He put his hands up, digits spread to counter some kind of playful attack. That attacker was you. You rushed forth, palms colliding into his. Your leg swept through the piles of snow that cloaked the ground in an attempt to trip Yanqing. Foreseeing this, he proceeded to lurch aside, afterwards giving your back a playful tap. You flopped forwards, colliding into a freezing blanket of snow. Laughter from Yanqing filled the air, causing you to quickly sit yourself upright. Heat rushed to your cold face as the boy aided you to your feet. Now laughing mutually, you grasped his hand in yours.
"I'm not done with you." You growled, a spark of playfulness in your tone.

Yanqing squealed childishly, rushing away from you in a swift sprint. Clouds of snow were kicked up in his wake, forcing you to squint against it as you sprinted after him. You bared your teeth, eagerly extending your hands forth in an attempt to grab Yanqing's clothes. "I'm gonna getcha!" You yelled over the wind.
"Wha—!" He peered over his shoulder at you. A competitive smirk crossed his features. He abruptly skidded to a halt on his heels, spinning around effortlessly to face you. Without warning, he tackled you to the snowy ground in a fit of laughter.
You burst out laughing yourself, unaffected by the cold of the frost surrounding your clothed body. With a playful "rar!", Yanqing nuzzled into your neck.
You hoisted the boy into your arms, twirling about amidst falling frost. With thunderous laughter, Yanqing outstretched his arms, tossing a pile of snow upwards. You spun about to avoid having the snow smack back into him. His swords spun around you, the three blades practically dancing with excitement.

You recognized one. It was unlike the others, shimmering with a brilliant white coloration. The hand guard was designed like that of a swan's wing; there was no mistaking it, this was the match. By match, you mean that in your collection, you have one exactly like it. This was a gift from Yanqing. While he took one to battle, you two decided to store the mate away in a collection for safekeeping. Now, whenever you battle with him, you snatch the swan-sword from the floating orbit that his blades usually fall into. It is often said that those with matching swords are seen as soulmates.

Placing Yanqing to his feet, you chortled a thunderous laugh. "Look what's coming our way!"
The swordsman giggled playfully as he drew one of his blades from the scabbard upon his hip. With his blades still orbiting you, you snatched the hilt of the swan-sword. Before you stood a mighty monster of sleek, washed-out purple. It hovered off of the ground, pointing directly at you. Either way, it was absolutely no match for you two. Yanqing's swords lurched towards him, where he happily leapt upon the blade. He surfed through the air upon the swords, occasionally swapping positions. Once his swords had attacked five consecutive times, he slashed the opponent down with a swift attack from a blade which he wielded in his hands.

He slid across the ice on his heels, where you calmly grabbed his shoulders to steady him. "Good job!" You happily said.
He puffed out his chest with pride, "Thank you!" He then flushed red as he began laughing.
You laughed a bit yourself, taking his hand in yours. "Shall we?"
"Lead the way." He shot back.

After several rounds of sparring(and one candlelit dinner)..

Nighttime hung high in the sky as you stepped onto the Astral Express, your hand in someone else's as he happily followed in your footsteps. As the doors to the train cart shut behind the two, you were instantly greeted with the sight of Pom-Pom. It was staring up at you very knowingly, both of it's eyebrows inclined upwards as though it was taunting you. With a soft chuckle, you peered over your shoulder at the swordsman. He returned the smile. You were so grateful that you could truly stop to take it all in. It felt unreal. The way he smiles at you has always been so tender and loving, no one has ever looked at you with such understanding before. The expression on his adorable, squish-able features melted your heart. "Hey there, Pom-Pom," you said down to the conductor. "How's it going here?"
"Very well," Pom-Pom sighed. "I missed you. No one else is here— they all had things to do."
Yanqing crouched before Pom-Pom, offering it his hand. The creature's nubs accepted his hand, patting his palm with a signature, conductor's smile. A small "hehe" came from Yanqing as he resumed playing with the adorable conductor.

You snickered at his behavior, simply standing there in order to immortalize this moment. "Haha, I missed you too, Pom-Pom. Did you use that comb I gave you?"
"Yes! I used it so much. There hasn't been a fur-ball in so long. Thank you." The happy creature announced this with great pride.
Yanqing smushed Pom-Pom's face gently in his hands, afterwards silently shrieking as the conductor's cheeks smushed upwards. Pom-pom smushed Yanqing's face in return, it's hues of crystal blue staring directly into the swordsman's soul. You crouched beside your battle-buddy, extending your arms outwards to offer Pom-Pom a much-needed hug. The creature scampered away from Yanqing, latching onto your kneecap instead. You curled your arms gently around it, taking it's hat in your hand to prevent damaging it. "Hey, Conductor?"
"Yes?" Replied Pom-Pom.
"Do you mind if we stay here for the night? It's been tough out there." You confessed with a slight scoff of embarrassment.
Pom-Pom's eyes lit up immediately. "Yes, of course! You're welcome to stay aboard for as long as you'd like."

You turned your head towards Yanqing, meeting his gaze with yours. "We're in." You grinned at him.
Laughing, Yanqing hoisted himself to his feet. He waved a hand at Pom-Pom whilst you stood. The conductor eagerly waved back, beaming at Yanqing. You began to walk towards the red seats, afterwards planting your rear upon the cushions. You stretched your arms above your head, yawning as you did so. The planet you'd been stranded upon thanks to the Stellaron was a difficult place to be. Not everything was as brilliant or trustworthy as it appeared. Without hesitation, Yanqing seated himself beside you, leaning upon your shoulder. With a soft smile, he shut his eyes. You cracked into a slight grin, unable to restrain the urge. With a hot face, you coiled one arm around the boy, your hand becoming stationary at his shoulder.

"This was fun," you said, speaking in a low voice to avoid disturbing the peace. "I love spending time with you."
Yanqing shifted to lay in your lap. Since he had removed his shoes prior, he freely sprawled out along the cushions of the train. He wrapped his arms around your torso, smiling up at you as his gaze met yours. "It really was! We should do that again tomorrow, and the day after that, and continue it for eternity. Never mind, that doesn't sound like a life you'd enjoy living."
"An eternity with you by itself would be the most joyous thing to me." You reassured him, wishing to lean over and kiss him.
He rolled onto his back, arms outstretched to reach up for your face. "I got you something!"
Your eyes narrowed, "I hope it didn't drain your allowance again." Playfully, you leaned into him. It was supposed to be nothing more than a tease.
Yet he happily took your face in one hand, kissing you despite being entirely sideways. The contact itself sent you into a daze of heat— you actually did it!

The moment you pulled back, you were woozy with a kind of intoxication that left you feeling warm and fuzzy internally. Yanqing locked his hands behind his head, causally resting in your lap with a peaceful smile on his face. Stammering and flustered, you lifted a hand. "Was— was that my gift..?"
"Hehe, yep!"

"That was the best gift.. let me use it again!"
"Huh?! Wait, wait, the conductor is h—"

Too late.