[ GN!Reader ] ➜ Domination (2)

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

                            - After nearly being slain at Kafka's hands, you relax with Yanqing and Jing Yuan while you bandage yourself

                              ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
                                    ┊ ┊ ︎✧
                                    ┊ ┊ ✯
                                    ┊ . ˚ ˚✩

                                          "You were always like this, Yanqing. Even as a child, you had your hands out to grab whatever you could."

General Jing Yuan held a towel over Yanqing's undone hair of neutral blond, his hands swiftly tousling it in every direction to dry it. Meanwhile, you had just finished being properly examined by a medic(Bailu). Her instructions were to boil lettuce in water to help you sleep against the pain. She then left you a roll of bandaging, claiming she had other patients to tend to. You sat on the floor in General Jing Yuan's estate. Wrapping your legs in adhesive bandaging, you shot a glance at Yanqing, whom was seated on the floor before you. Jing Yuan slowly sunk to the floor, resuming drying his sons luxurious hair using a towel of dark blue. It looked quite soft to the touch.

"Curiosity killed the cat, my love. I can't accurately recount all of the times where you wandered off when you shouldn't have." Jing Yuan's deep, soothing voice satisfied your injuries, seeming to melt the pain in an instant.
Yanqing huffed as his father removed the towel from his head, "Sorry, Dad. I— I was just trying to make you proud." He confessed in a bashful whisper.
Both you and Jing Yuan exchanged an awe-struck glance. If it were you, you'd have swaddled Yanqing in the towel and showered him in kisses. However, his father took a calmer approach. "Making me proud means staying safe. You can't prove yourself if you're dead."
Yanqing's expression contorted with shame, "I'm sorry, General." He softly said, his voice growing breathy.

"Now, come here," the general tugged his son close to his chest, shutting his eyes as he placed his cheek atop the boys head. "I'm proud of you. You both did well, and thank you."
"Thanks, Dad."
"Thank you, General," You couldn't help wondering why Yanqing came to calling the general by a fatherly alias. "Can I ask why Yanqing calls you 'Dad'?"
Jing Yuan's eyes lit up while Yanqing's shoulders slumped, "Oh-ho-ho! I found this little rascal when he was just a baby. He was the cutest little thing I ever did see. Listen to this— he introduced himself like it was an interview. He said; 'Yanqing, I'm.. four years old' while holding out four of his baby carrot fingers." The gray-haired man held up Yanqing's hand in his, beaming at the boys callused fingers.
You snorted, struggling not to burst out laughing as Yanqing flushed red. "Any other stories?" You asked.

Yanqing had an expression of pure betrayal.

"Do I," chortling a laugh, Jing Yuan pat the swordsman in his lap on the head. "Sorry, Yanqing. When he was little, he always wanted to wield a sword. He would try so often to take the Cloud Knights stuff. There was one time where I finally caught him— that little shit."
You burst out laughing as the general cursed his own child out. The man snickered, beaming at you. "That's not even the best part. He got cut on the blade since I scared him, and he looked at me like I did it—!"
You had yet to hear Jing Yuan's genuine laugh, but when you did, it certainly wasn't what you were expecting. He sounded like a tea kettle, genuine tears forming in his eyes as he laughed his wheezy-tea-kettle-laugh. In that moment, you broke out into laughter. How could you not when the general is on the floor wheezing?

Smiling now, Yanqing laid on Jing Yuan's chest, his digits sliding through the man's voluminous hair. Jing Yuan coiled his arms around his son, grinning from ear-to-ear at the boy. "You're such a handful!"
Yanqing rested his head on the generals chest, heaving a relaxing sigh. You hurried to scoot closer to them, wishing to join them without ruining their moment. Without hesitation, Jing Yuan tugged you to his chest by your head. You chuckled a bit, hugging Yanqing's head and smothering him in kisses. As this happened, the general squeezed you and Yanqing close to himself. You couldn't help feeling.. safe. A sense of security and grounding washed over you, bringing a heartwarming smile to your lips. At that point, you could fall asleep without a problem.

And fall asleep you did. You could deal with the scolding later.