[ GN!Reader ] ➜ The Three Billy Goats

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

                            - General Jing Yuan has always read fairy tales to his retainer before sending the boy to sleep, hoping the tales would preserve his youth for years to come

                              ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
                                    ┊ ┊ ︎✧
                                    ┊ ┊ ✯
                                    ┊ . ˚ ˚✩

A young boy with hair of gorgeous blond eagerly laid across his father's lap, gazing up at the man with shimmering hues. This boy is the general's pride and joy. The general began to grin upon her son, patting Yanqing's head with his gentle hand. "Are you ready?" Questioned Jing Yuan as he grabbed a nearby book in both of his hands.
Yanqing practically squealed with childish excitement as he rolled onto his back, "Go on!" Came his eager reply.

"Once upon a time..."

The story rolled off of Jing Yuan's tongue like it was second nature. He had begun this tradition with Yanqing when the boy was so small, he had yet to break a foot tall. He was only a year old, unable to understand the story fully at this age, yet Jing Yuan carefully read it nonetheless. For when his son would grow, this story would mean more than gold rings. His hues of amber barely had to scan the pages to recite the tale, his smile soft and fingers dancing between pages. Jing Yuan's tone was gentle, playful, and soothing. Such a soothing tone was reserved for only his son. His son, Yanqing, grew starry-eyed at his father's retelling of the bedtime story. Each word was spoken with such delicacy, Yanqing's mind began to grow fuzzy with drowsiness. An adorable yawn escaped his jaws as his father's words rinsed his mind of whatever horrors anxiety, sadness, or turmoil could bring.

"Trip, trap.. huh?"

Poor Yanqing, he failed to stay awake for the rest of the story. Maybe it is that Jing Yuan's voice is truly that relaxing, or maybe the happiness and comfort of one's childhood is truly that powerful that once you fall asleep once, it will resume— even twelve years later.