[ GN!Reader ] ➜ Looks That Kill

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

                            - You are an unfriendly and aggressive character

                            - You are an unfriendly and aggressive character. When a strange person scolds and insults Yanqing, you take the opportunity to take your pent-up rage out on them. Before you can, Yanqing hugs onto you and asks for comfort.
                              ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
                                    ┊ ┊ ︎✧
                                    ┊ ┊ ✯
                                    ┊ . ˚ ˚✩

                                         Unapproachable, huh.

You've always been the furthest thing from pleasant. You're blunt and antisocial, even going so far as to brutally insult others when they attempt to get close to you. Empathy has never been your strong suit towards others, causing them to commonly label you as a "villain". No matter how heinous you may seem, you're willing to die for those whom you grow attached to. An eye for an eye, per say. They sacrifice their mental health by being your companion, and you sacrifice your life to protect them for as long as you live. Seems fair, doesn't it? The transaction is only a glimpse at how brutal you are, being people need to be offered your life just to befriend you. To you, the sugar upon your bitter medicine is best served with the tears of your victims or the priceless expressions on their faces when they come crawling back to your feet, pleading for mercy.

You strode into Belobog, a place you had recently rescued from grave peril. Snowflakes danced passed you, occasionally whipping into your face with an unexpected gust of frigid wind. Although it annoyed you, you swiped your gloved hand over your reddened nose and proceeded deeper into the city beside your companion; Yanqing. He had a giant grin on his features, though it seems this was about to abruptly end. A visibly furious individual rushed forth, their hands clenched into fists. They halted before Yanqing, summoning your attention.
"You—! Useless child!" Hollered they.
Yanqing looked just as taken aback as you, "Huh? Hold on—" upon being interrupted by the individual's attempt at punching him, the swordsman's eyebrows knitted. He appeared angered now.
"You promised me that you were the best swordsman and that you know so much— guess what? You lied to me. So, how are you gonna repay me?" The crazy bastard seemed keen on yelling this.
He raised a blond eyebrow, head tilting slightly to the left. "Um, I never said the best. I did say I know a lot though, and really, I do. I don't need to repay you at all."
"Little rat!" Shrieked the individual.

You separated them from Yanqing using a sleek, electrified bat that was ready to put a dent in the person's skull, should they make the wrong move. Your eyes narrowed as you sharply glared at them. They remained in place, though the word-vomit began.
"You're a useless brat, you even look worthless! Your mother probably wishes she aborted you, and if not, she must wish she'd have died during labor since she had to give birth to someone like you! I bet you don't even have a father, you're leaching off of someone else like that's your biological father because your own left the moment he saw your hideous face. You think you're so talented, meanwhile, there's a much better Sword Champion— whose shadow you hide in, might I add."

"You act like your parents are any more proud. In fact, I'm certain both are piles of ashes thanks to you. You're certainly a scumbag, mister." Said Yanqing, a devious smirk on his features. The individual stormed off like the idiotic side character they are. As for you, you spun your bat around in your hand, prepared to watch a head roll off someone's shoulders in that moment. However, you quickly dropped your weapon. The blond swordsman had rushed to you, colliding into you and hiding his face in your clothes. You staggered backward in surprise, your entire expression quizzical. It seems one of those insults hit a soft spot. If you could, you'd have split their head wide open. Instead, your arms coiled around Yanqing. "Uhm— are you okay?"
"Fine." He replied through your clothes. He did not sound fine.
You sighed audibly as you awkwardly pat his head, "Please don't cry. I don't want to be around if you do—"

"Sniff.. too late."

Now you felt awkward, and even worse, like a total asshole. You had absolutely zero knowledge about comforting others. So now, you were hesitantly shuffling towards a bench to console Yanqing. You gestured towards the bench, seating yourself beside him. He placed his head on your shoulder instinctually. Your head lifted in surprise; no one had ever done that to you before. Was it that he trusted you? What nice things had you done to deserve this?
"So, uhh, why were they so mad at you?" You asked.
Yanqing lifted his chin to stare blankly at you, afterwards drying his watering eyes on your shoulder. You froze in shock, eyes widening gradually. "I guess they thought I wasn't good enough."
"Who cares what they think?" This was a genuine question. You had no idea why he'd care, yet he did.
"It's fine, I'm over it now." He reassured you.

After all, he is still a child. Although you're one yourself, you couldn't help feeling differently about the situation. You were filled with rage, not sorrow. Maybe it was the same for Yanqing?
"Are you angry?" You asked.
He nodded, "Very. My blood's boiling right now." Confessed the swordsman.
"We should kill them." Eagerly leaping from your seat, you found yourself being tugged back down by Yanqing.
"Don't."
"Why not?" You plopped down onto the bench.
"It's not that big of a deal, that's all," he smiled genuinely at you. "I've got an idea!"
You raised an eyebrow. "Oh? What is it?"

"Let's have a spar to let go of our anger!" He leapt to his feet.

You giggled lightly, smiling from ear-to-ear as you stood. "Sure. I hope you brought spare swords."