[ GN!Reader ] ➜ For The Flagships

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

                            - General Jing Yuan has never revealed how both you and Yanqing arrived in the Cloud Knight faction

                            - General Jing Yuan has never revealed how both you and Yanqing arrived in the Cloud Knight faction. And who would have thought a lazy lion would tell?
                              ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
                                    ┊ ┊ ︎✧
                                    ┊ ┊ ✯
                                    ┊ . ˚ ˚✩

The wind howled, relentless monsoon drenching the plains of a Xianzhou flagship. While grief still wretched his heart, a gray-haired general persevered through the storm. Clouds of dark ebony gathered in the atmosphere, releasing their wrath upon the world. Though he squinted, the man could begin to make out a figure of snowy white amidst the tussling blades of emerald grass. Drenched in rainwater, the general rushed towards the petite-sized blobs. As he crouched before them, hues of yellow fixated upon them with a profound sense of hope, there laid a cub with fur of snow. Its body blanketed a human child, one that appeared to be no older than four years of age. The cub immediately bristled upon spotting the yellow irises of a tall, muscular man. In a protective stance, the lion forced its companion backwards using its hindquarters. The sight brought a bitter, grief-stricken grin to the general's features. Pale from the frigid cold, he reached towards the young lion. It squeaked its dismay. Lifting the small cub into his hands, the man gazed into its eyes.

"Hahah. I should have known you'd come back for me."

Said he, afterwards tucking the cub into his arms. The child which it protected had hair of neutral blond, his irises of muted gold. Within those eyes, the general saw himself. He offered his hand to the boy, tucking the soaked threads of hair behind the child's ear. "Hello, little one. I won't hurt you."
Another roar of fury came from the restrained lion cub, followed by brief kicks and flails. The general adjusted the snowy critter in his arms, allowing the child to reunite with his companion. Without much hesitation, the young boy crawled into the general's lap, eagerly embracing the cub. The cub seemed to be soothed by the child's presence, afterwards turning its frightened gaze up to the general. He scooped the child into his arms as if it were his own, cradling the duo of human-child and cub. He rose to his feet, making an escape back to the safety of the Palace of Astrum.

From that moment onward, he vowed to protect and raise the two as if they were his own flesh and blood.

⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣

"READER—!"

Sunlight filtered in your gaze, followed by a flick of your right ear. The warmth of the sun cloaked your entire frame, leaving you with nothing but happiness and total relaxation. Prior to this, you'd been working nonstop as the general's assistant. There was quite a bit to do since drama between an illegal Starskiff mechanic and housekeep sprung about. The entire situation left you feeling absolutely drained of any energy you had left— let alone the energy you reserve to handle your best friend. A bundle of energy, he is. Energy you wish you still had, despite being only a year older than him.
"Yanqing, be quiet. Please." You pleaded in a groggy tone of voice, your figure sprawled out upon the floorboards of a porch.
Huffing audibly, the boy placed his hands upon your shoulder, abruptly shaking you to and fro. Nostrils flaring, you growled under your breath. "Come on! Just one round?" Pleaded he.
You placed your head into your palm, your elbow propped up upon the floorboards. "Last time I agreed to that, you spent four hours of my time."
"Please..? I won't do it again!" Yanqing's body collapsed over yours, leaving you flat upon your back as he laid over your abdomen. He began giggling to himself, his ponytail somewhat caught between you and himself.