[ GN!Reader ] ➜ Fleeing An Abusive Household

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

                            - You flee from your abusive household to unwind with your companion, Yanqing

                              ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
                                    ┊ ┊ ︎✧
                                    ┊ ┊ ✯
                                    ┊ . ˚ ˚✩

                                       This is it.

Life goes on. Day in and day out. The times you've been hit for forgetting about one damn towel in the bathroom? Countless. At this point, you're slowly giving up. You can barely force yourself out of your bed. Why should you wake up at all? All life at home has for is pain and terror at the hands of someone who is supposed to be your parent. Guardian— a sad excuse of one, maybe.

Tears stung your waterline, causing you to shield your mouth. If you were heard, lord knows what would happen. Shutting your eyes, you struggled to conceal the overflowing water spewing from your tear ducts. Even if the door was locked, it wouldn't save you. But you knew exactly who could.

You
Yanqing, let's meet at the Synwood Pavilion.

Yanqing
Now?
Sure, but why so suddenly?

You
I just want to escape.

Yanqing
I'll be there.
With my swords.

You
Thanks, dude. See you there soon.

Yanqing
Be careful.

                          Yanqing has gone offline

The message nearly startled you. You hadn't realized that phones did this, which was a pretty neat feature nonetheless. In a hurry, you shoved your phone into your pocket. No matter the yelling, no matter the consequences, you would escape.
And escape you did.
You sprinted out of the front door like the house was in flames, leaving everything that traps you behind. Tripping a tad, you made your way to the Starskiff dock. Once the Cloud Knight at his post permitted you to take one, you happily took one en route to the Exalting Sanctum. The name of this location actually means a holy place, and to you, that name was justified. This was the only area you could run to.

You watched as the Starskiff left the dock once you hopped off, your hues lit up by warm, amber hues. You strode into the location, taking a liberating inhale of the fresh air. Without much thought, you began booking it up flights of stairs to locate the Synwood Pavilion. It is the most ethereal location you could ever go to. Upon the pavilion, there sat two benches of stone. Behind them, a pond stood strong. You couldn't resist the urge to clamber upon one of the benches, standing there as you leaned upon the stone foundation of the pond where lily-pad swirled and koi fish swam. The sky was filled with thousands of glittery freckles against the purple and pink hues that rippled like sunbeams upon water. In the distance, a spiraling tree stood tall. Fluffy clouds of white drifted below the pavilion, clouds you yearned to touch. You've always wanted to capture one of the clouds, feeling it disintegrate into water in the palms of your hands.