[ GN!Reader ] ➜ Confetti For You!

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

                            - It is your birthday! But Yanqing is unsure of how to celebrate

                            - It is your birthday! But Yanqing is unsure of how to celebrate. He finds Jing Yuan and Blade, recruiting them to throw you the best birthday party yet.
                              ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
                                    ┊ ┊ ︎✧
                                    ┊ ┊ ✯
                                    ┊ . ˚ ˚✩

                              "DAAADD! FATHER!"

"Oh, great, it's the nuisance," groaned a man with long hair of jet-black. His hues of a red-orange gradient shifted to eye the swordsman that rushed towards him. The neutral-blond-boy lurched forth, tackling his father into a hug. "Jing Yuan, get your kid off of me—!"
Beaming, Jing Yuan outstretched his arms to invite Yanqing into his arms. Yanqing abandoned Blade, rushing to coil his arms around the general instead. "Hello, Sweetheart! How was your training today?"
"There's no time for training, Dad!" Yanqing exclaimed as he took a step back. "It's Reader's birthday today. Can we throw them a party here?"
Jing Yuan's eyes widened, he and Blade exchanging a glance with one another. The gray-haired general's eyes conveyed support and 'shut the fuck up, we are throwing that party'. Meanwhile, Blade's eyes spoke naught but refusal. "Of course we can. What time are you expecting them?"
"I didn't invite them yet," confessed Yanqing. "The palace is always busy, I thought I should check with you first."

Jing Yuan nodded eagerly, tugging Yanqing towards his chest. "You're such a good son..!"
Blade huffed, folding his arms. "How special are they to you?"
"Father, you wouldn't be able to comprehend how special they are," said Yanqing, peering out from a window of Jing Yuan's hair. "Please.." his eyes expanded, pulling the puppy-eye trick.
Not even Blade can reject that face, "Fine. Did you check if they're busy today?" Asked the man.
"Yep! They're free, so can we? Please? I'll stop my allowance for a whole week!" Yanqing pleaded.

The general, unable to restrain himself from smiling, pat Yanqing on his head. "Come on, Bladie. Let's get to work—"
"Don't."
"For our son." Growled Jing Yuan.
"Dammit."

"WOOHOO! THANKS, DADS!"

The family managed to usher everyone into hiding as part of the surprise. Prior to this, they had figured out how to bake a cake(thanks to Blade). By the end of the baking session, a beautifully fluffy cake was made, and Yanqing was covered in flour from head to toe. Jing Yuan offered to clean the kitchen while Blade awkwardly stood before the decorations, tempted to design the dessert himself. After an earful from Jing Yuan, he gave up. Once Yanqing had washed up, the trio rushed to the palace to decorate. Every hologram was altered to have streamers hanging from wherever it would fit, confetti dancing in the background.

It wasn't much, but to Yanqing, it was perfect.

               ╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈╮
                        ❝ Several Hours Later ❞
               ╰┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

Bzzztt..! Bzzztt!

You eyed your vibrating phone, afterwards taking it off of the coffee table in the Astral Express. So far, you'd been enjoying your special day in the presence of the Astral Crew. Of course, you had plans to see Yanqing as well— but that was for later. Until you read his messages. Apparently, he needed to see you urgently on behalf of the general. You heaved a massive sigh, feeling disappointment creep into your veins. "Pom-Pom, keep watch over everyone."
"Huh? Where are you going?" Asked the small conductor.
"I'm going to see the general," you confessed. "I was told it's urgent. See you later?"
"See you later. Make sure to come back!" Demanded Pom-Pom.

You rushed off of the express, stumbling as a Cloud Knight granted you access to the Xianzhou Luofu. After thanking him, you made your way to a Starskiff landing dock. You'd need to select the proper one— and find you did. You hopped aboard without hesitation, eyeing the sky of twinkling stars. This would soon fade to daylight as you near the palace. It's funny, almost. In Chinese culture, lion statues have either a ball or a cub(which symbolizes opposite sex). For some reason, both lions outside of the general's palace have a ball beneath their paw. Most have written it off as a mistake, but after you found out about his relationship with Blade, you began to doubt that rumor immensely. The day was quite hot and humid. You could only hope that the palace would have a more favorable climate.

Upon pushing the doors upon, the gold hues of the palace blinded you. Your stress levels rose when you realized Yukong was nowhere to be found. "Miss Yukong? Lover's-Dad?" You hesitated for a brief moment after wandering towards the holograms. Confetti? Maybe they were expecting you for a surprise..

"....."

"Blade..?"

"Surprise—!"

Yelled Yanqing as he rushed out from hiding, his arms extended forth as he tackled you into a hug. He began laughing childishly. You returned his laughter, leaning a bit to kiss his head. "Hey! Is that why the holograms changed?"
"Yep!" He grew starry-eyed as he lifted his chin. "Do you like it?!"
If he had a tail, it'd definitely be wagging by now. And to be frank, you felt yours would be doing the same. Jing Yuan emerged from hiding, forcing Blade out after himself. "Happy birthday." He grinned at you.
Blade remained silent, though his expression told you everything. It spoke his 'happy birthday'.

"Babe," you melted into Yanqing, your hands sliding upon his face. You pulled him into a candied kiss. Once you broke off from him, you took his hands in yours. "Thank you!"
He grinned like a dork, "Yes, of course! I have gifts, too!" His announcement bounced off of the walls of the palace.
Jing Yuan's cheeks tinted red as he began laughing at his son, all whilst Blade remained deadpanned. He looked very out of place, especially since he tried to kill you not long ago. Either way, you harbored no hard feelings towards him. The general elbowed his lover, whom roughly elbowed him in return. This miniature dispute resumed for some time as Yanqing rambled his original plans to you. He guided you towards one of the desks, where a mysterious ticket rested. The swordsman eagerly handed it to you, awaiting your reaction with pure happiness. You began grinning widely as you read the details.

"Is this for that pathway?"
"Restaurant and courtyard!" Yanqing eagerly nodded as he responded.
"How's your allowance?" Blade butted in, afterwards evilly laughing to himself.
"His finances are fine." Jing Yuan smacked the back of Blade's head angrily.
"Thank you, Babe!" You tugged Yanqing into yet another kiss. He wrapped his arms around your neck, melting into your kiss.

You could hear Blade gagging himself while the general retrieved the cake.

You spent the rest of the day in the palace with the general, Blade, and Yanqing. Once it came time to return to the express, you brought Yanqing with you. You sat upon the cushions of red beside him, one of your arms wrapped around him. He leaned into you, a soft smile on his face. You used your thumb to wipe excess frosting from his mouth, licking it afterwards. Laughing to yourself, you rested your chin upon his head.

"Happy birthday, My Love. I love you.." he began to drift off. All of that decorating must have exhausted him.
"I love you too, Darling."