[ PLATONIC ] ➜ Family

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

- Familial headcanons.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ︎✧
┊ ┊ ✯
┊ . ˚ ˚✩

Yanqing ;

☁︎ He's an incredible child. Calls his dad every day.

☁︎ Daddy's boy. 100%. He's Jing Yuan's little pet fetus.

☁︎ He always loves helping family, especially when it comes down to cooking.

☁︎ with Tingyun - he's trying to avoid her tail, repeatedly saying "mom!" to get her attention so he can help out. She may pick him up, eager to let him help her out. She'll then give him a job, praising him over every little accomplishment.

☁︎ with Blade - he tugged on Blade's hair, afterwards snatching the cutting board and chopping the herbs. Blade was somewhat grateful, but the chops were so uneven— so he taught the boy. With his hands over his son's, Blade guided Yanqing's wrist up and down, teaching him slowly how to mince herbs.

☁︎ with Reader - You're dancing around the kitchen with his hands in yours, singing lovely songs with him. He's laughing childishly as Jing Yuan idly observes, soon after stealing Yanqing away to let you return to cooking. You burned the zucchini.

☁︎ with Jing Yuan - He's so eager to help. He washed all the dishes before and after cooking. He used Blade's teaching to mince the herbs, ordering for the general to instead rest. Jing Yuan watches to make sure his son doesn't burn himself, occasionally sneaking into the kitchen to steal ingredients. Yanqing yells at him, shooing the general out of the kitchen. The food came out amazing!

☁︎ He cooks for his family.

☁︎ He also cleans for his family!

☁︎ He keeps keepsakes often(if they break, he'll be in a mini depressive episode for a few days).

☁︎ Tends to wrap himself in a blanket and stand in place, watching until Jing Yuan notices him and gives him attention.

☁︎ He tries to protect his family, and it's the cutest thing. He's hyper-protective of his parents.

Jing Yuan ;

★ He absolutely adores his son.

★ He attends the mom-get-togethers to brag about Yanqing.

★ Cannot cook for the life of him.

★ He always reads old Xianzhou legends to Yanqing, hoping to continue to inspire the boy.

★ He knows his kid is spoiled. Gets VERY defensive when someone brings it up.

★ If someone insults his son, they're gonna meet the Lightning Lord.

★ Whenever he's been apart from Yanqing, he scoops the boy into his arms and holds him in the air.

★ Tackles his son into a hug, falling onto his back before tossing the boy up and down.

★ Plays chess against Yanqing every weekend(Jing Yuan wins every time).

★ He sings/hums lullabies and ballads to Yanqing.

Blade ;

♦︎ He acts very cold and stern, but in reality, he coddles Yanqing just as much as Jing Yuan.

♦︎ He is a top-tier chef.

♦︎ Fights with Jing Yuan like an old married couple.

♦︎ He gets pissed when people eat his ingredients early.

♦︎ Do not try to cook with him. He just tells everyone to get tf out of his way.

♦︎ He tends to enjoy smushing Yanqing in a bear-hug with Jing Yuan.

♦︎ He never cheers for competitions until it comes down to Yanqing < - he is the loudest person there suddenly.

♦︎ Secretly listens when Jing Yuan sings/hums to Yanqing.

♦︎ He hates reading children's stories to Yanqing, but he doesn't want to get a lecture from Jing Yuan, so he sucks it up.

♦︎ Very laidback. He lets Yanqing fuck around and find out.

♦︎ Laughs when Yanqing gets hurt — and also gets beat up by Jing Yuan for it.

♦︎ "My kid is cuter than yours— ouh, your kids fucking ugly."

Tingyun ;

♪ She plays her soothing melody for Yanqing every night.

♪ "Great job, sweetie!" For every little thing he may do.

♪ She's an absolutely outstanding mother. Very gentle parenting.

♪ Collects Yanqing's baby photos and attends the mom-get-togethers with Jing Yuan(also showing Yanqing off).

♪ "Excuse us! He didn't mean what he just said! Your kid is very c— ouh.. Let's just not fight, okay~?"

"Not in front of the kids." - ready to kill someone.

♪ Someone hurts Yanqing — Jing Yuan, Blade, and Tingyun assemble to hunt them down.

♪ Brings trinkets and treats for Yanqing(and Jing Yuan).