[ GN!Reader ] ➜ Poetic Nothings

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

                            - A series of poetic analogies you thought of whilst pampering Yanqing

                              ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
                                    ┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
                                    ┊ ┊ ︎✧
                                    ┊ ┊ ✯
                                    ┊ . ˚ ˚✩

                                    He's beautiful.

You adore nothing more than gazing upon your companion; Yanqing. When he rambles to you, you attempt to stretch the duration for as long as possible. He'll happily lay in your lap, his hands reaching up to squish your face as his words begin to blur together, drifting off in your lap as he speaks to you about everything a swordsman such as himself knows. The full moon favors nights like this, gently illuminating upon the two lovers as such a tender moment unfolds. Nothing can separate such a loving duo, especially not during this. Where the forest vegetation dips with the breeze, animals hide, and lovers remained happily pinned. The moonlight was more than enough to flaunt all the gorgeous qualities upon Yanqing's body. His luxurious hair of blond which cascades down his back rested in the hands of his lover, neatly tied into a high-ponytail. From the way his teeth show whenever he smiles, to the way his perfect lips glisten beneath gentle moonbeams, you adored every bit of it. Every single bit of him.

No matter the weight of one's troubles, you could always find comfort within Yanqing's protective embrace. Being in his presence, wrapped in the scent of dandelions and fresh air, your very being is at ease. From then onward, all of your troubles will fade away until nothing is left but hollow eraser marks upon the blank sheet of paper.
Whenever you plant a kiss on his soft, plump lips, you can feel yourself falling deeper in love. The swordsman always cups your face in his hands when he kisses you, leaning passionately into you as much as he possibly can. From the pressure Yanqing applies, you typically flop onto your back, arms snaking around his sides to cage him to your body. His heat against your figure felt like the fuel of the greatest dreams, something you never expected to call yours, but here you are. You could call him your soulmate. Your only love.
Imagining a future that doesn't involve Yanqing is impossible for you. No matter how hard you strain your brain, you cannot picture a day where your lips touch another that is not him.

When your hands slide into his, the fit is perfect. The lines on your palms sync with his, your digits locked between his. Even if his hands are sweaty, you won't hesitate to gently hold them. On rocky roads and tall, impregnable mountains, you will remain beside him; hand-in-hand, for as long as you will live. Even when he makes you upset, you'll never abandon him or leave his sight. It doesn't matter what you both endure, your love will never die. Nothing will slow it's beat. Not heart failure, not heartbreak, not traumatizing sights, not death itself, and certainly not time.

Every time Yanqing gazes upon you, his features turn soft, a gentle smile crossing his pink lips. He often places his chin into the palm of his hand, his opposite hand holding his elbow, which is most likely propped up upon a flat surface. He'll lean forward a tad, cheeks flushing a vibrant shade of pink as he grins toothily at you. His eyelids wrinkled when he smiles, the smile is far too wide. Such a smile lifts his cheekbones in a way that makes your heartbeat skip like a pebble upon still water's surface. You adore sitting beside him, one arm upon the table as you used one hand to brush stray hairs behind his ear. The way he flushes bright red across his face and ears never fails to bring a smile to your features. Some might say "relationships get rocky" or "you cannot win at love", and you used to agree; but now, you simply can't. If there is anything you have done, it is win at love. You fell in love with someone so far out of league, you doubted you could even get the chance to speak with him as a friend. Yet your expectations were forsaken, because you are much more beautiful than you see, and Yanqing loved you for that.

He fell for the way you smile whenever he talks, with your irises shimmering as you stare into his beautiful eyes. The only way to describe it would be otherworldly infatuation, but not obsession. There comes a time and a place where you will see that you are so deeply in love, if that person randomly got down on one knee and asked you to marry; you'd say yes. Some may say love like that never lasts, but it does. Nurture that feeling. For Yanqing, you have. Both he and yourself have exceeded your original potential thanks to one another. Together, you both can face extreme with naught but a smile, four blades, and one another.
Like a swordsman to his blade, you will polish your companion which fights for you and protects you. You'll keep him from rusting. You will sharpen him when he's feeling dull. You will repair his hilt when the hand-guard chips. You will clean his surface every night before sheathing his beauty within a snug scabbard, resting a beautiful weapon which enables peace as an option.

Haha. Where'd you learn that from?

Yanqing, of course. With a devious grin, he'll lean into his hands, rambling poetic analogies that compare you and himself to a swordsman to his blade. It had blessed your ears so much that you tend to repeat some of the verses at random. The second you do, heat rushes to your face, an uncontrollable smile lifting the sides of your lips. Whenever you feel alone, you put all of your faith in him showing up. It is a massive burden for one to shoulder, but it is mutual. When you stand against formidable foes, he enters the field at your side with not a drop of fear. Where there is peril, both you and Yanqing will shoulder it together. One will break their back doing this alone, but when one shoulder is shared with another; the stairs can be climbed.
Around you, Yanqing could slice boulders, raise mountains, tame seas— name it, and he will do it. As long as a sword can be returned to it's scabbard, he will be content. A blade must return to it's owner, and so he shall.

You cannot remember the rest, you'd already fallen asleep. If only you could have remained awake longer, you'd have said so much more, but all you can do is whisper "I love you" into your lover's ear, praying he receives the message of complex feelings that happily float about within your mind.